Campus Cutie: Reece Whitehead

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

There’s something about a man in uniform, right ladies?  This junior at UW-Madison is a marine option in the navy ROTC program. Reece is a charming small town guy with big dreams and a big heart.

Major: Operation & Technology Management

Hometown: Albany, Wisconsin

Relationship Status: Single

Activities: Navy ROTC, Hoofers Sailing Club, Bartending & catering at the union

Why did you decide to join ROTC? I wanted a chance to travel the world.  I have a lot of motivation and determination to be a marine officer someday.  Also, it’s a great way to pay for college.

Favorite campus location? Definitely the Terrace at the Memorial Union. The Edgewater is cool too!

Best thing about life in Madison: Spending the summer on campus and going out on the lake

Best class so far: Finance 300 because the professor was a badass

Worst class so far: MHR 300

Any spring break plans? Yeah, I’m celebrating my birthday with my best friend in Chicago.

Favorite food? Alaskan baked salmon *His mother is an AMAZING chef*

Qualities you appreciate in a girl: humor, athleticism, and a sense of adventure 

I am currently a sophomore at University of Wisconsin- Madison pursuing a degree in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication.  As Campus Correspondent of Her Campus, Wisconsin chapter I am passionate about current events and can be found browsing any and every article that pops- up on my Facebook newsfeed.