Campus Catwalk: Juliet Villani

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Ever since I met Juliet, I have never been able to predict an outfit she has worn. The girl has some serious style. It seems like every week she is rocking a new trend but makes it her own in a way that forces everyone around her to compliment her looks. This fashion attention definitely doesn’t get to her head though; Juliet is equal parts trendsetter, smart and cultured student, as well as a kind friend. Her fashion sense is undeniable, but read on as I picked Juliet’s brain about what really makes her style what it is today. 

Name: Juliet Villani

Major: Strategic Communications in the school of Journalism and Mass Communications with a certificate in African Studies

Year: Senior

Hometown: Merrick, New York

My style in three words: Funky, punky, with hints of hippie

What should every college girl have in her wardrobe? A lot of things: A leather jacket, a good pair of jeans, and a basic black heel is good for starters.

What is worth the splurge? If you can’t stop thinking about it, it’s worth it.

What are your favorite stores? I worked at a store called LF in Soho this summer, which accounts for a substantial portion of my wardrobe. I also have great pieces from Topshop, Zara, H&M, Asos, and I often find myself blindly turning into Urban Outfitters for a little retail therapy after a stressful school day.

Online shopping or in-store shopping? I am constantly online “shopping.” I try to have self-control over the amount of actual purchasing I do, but if I can’t stop thinking about a product I’ll probably get it. You really can’t beat in-store shopping, though. Getting to see, feel, and try on an item before purchasing it really helps my whole decision making process.

I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing: If you asked me this 10 years ago I would have said overalls and high wasted jeans. I wore both of those things in the past week, so I think this question is better left unanswered.

The celebrity closet I would like to raid would be: All of them! Anyone want to form a bling ring with me?

My ultimate style icon is: I’ve always admired the Olsen twins’ style (Mary-Kate being my favorite). They take fashion risks and stay true to themselves, which is an amazing style-mentality. That being said, I’d say my style-mentality is more reflective of MK&A than my actual clothes are. I’d say I am most influenced by the trends and people around me. I love street style, and am always taking styling notes from random people I see. When I like something I try to think of how I can put my personality into it and make it my own. Fashion blogs and Instagram have also been great inspirational resources.

What I wear to class: Whatever I’m in the mood for… something comfortable and casual. I’m usually in jeans/pants and a tee. I’ll throw a jacket, sweater, or flannel shirt over whatever I’m wearing to make things more interesting.

What I wear on the weekends: Anything I’d wear during the week. On a night out I could be wearing a dress, jumpsuit, pants and a top… whatever! I always wear platforms or heels to dress things up a bit. Shoes make an outfit.

If you could pick one designer to dress you for the red carpet it would be: Woah. You can’t ask an indecisive girl like me to answer a question like that! I know Chanel would never do me wrong, so let’s go with that for now.

How do you feel about being this week’s Campus Catwalk featured trendsetter? I don’t know! I think I might be more flattered than I was when someone bought me an entire pizza pie from PDR!

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com