Campus Catwalk: Claire Odorico

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Campus Style Blog: Claire Odorico

Year: Junior

Major: Elementary Education

What celebrity’s closet would you love to raid?

I really like Lauren Conrad’s style. She always looks really pulled together, but she doesn’t look like she spends a ton of time on it. Also, Miley Cyrus before she chopped her hair off and became a psycho. It was really grungy and kind of bohemian, which I like a lot.

Do you prefer shopping in store or online?

In-store, because whenever I buy things online they never fit. I shop online but I never really buy things, I just look to get ideas.

What pieces in your wardrobe do you wear most often?

The “magic shirt” (good things always happen to whoever is wearing it!), Thailand pants, scarves, and maxi skirts.

Favorite place in Madison:

The terrace at sunset in the summer & the farmers’ market

Go-to place for study break food:

Fro-yo is my favorite. I usually go to Forever Yogurt because I always have those two-for-one coupons. Otherwise, the sushi from Fresh Market is a good go-to.

How would you describe your style?

Bohemian, casual, moderately hippie; I like to take inspiration for my style from places that I’ve been/traveled to (hence the Thailand pants, I spent a month there this past summer)

What are some of your favorite shops/brands?

Urban Outfitters, H&M, Free People

On the weekends you’ll usually find me:

Going out with my friends, being crazy and immature with my roommates, at the library, sleeping, showing off my awesome bartending skills at the Nitty Gritty (visit me!)

What is the most important item to splurge on?

Shoes—that way they’ll last more than one season. Shoes can make or break an outfit.

What was your most recent style purchase?

All of the fun pants I bought in Thailand this summer—four pairs. Oops. And new riding boots for fall.

Describe your go-to look for the weekdays:

Anything comfortable but not lazy—usually leggings and a cute top with a cardigan and a scarf.  Always have a scarf.

Fashion pet peeves and/or styles you’ll never try?

Platform flip flops (it’s not 1995 anymore), sneaker wedges, denim mini skirts, people who dress the same as every other person on campus—take risks with fashion, it’s stupid to dress the same as everyone else. Fashion gives you a chance to be unique.

Wouldn’t be caught dead wearing:

Anything leather besides a jacket. Leather pants…what? Or crocs. Never, ever wear crocs.

As far as beauty, do you have a specific routine?

I try not to leave the house without putting on foundation and mascara. I also really like bronzer because you can contour your face and look tanner than you actually are (no wrinkles for this girl!).

Hillary (@hillarybautch) is an aspiring yogi, a writer, an amateur photographer, and the first to offer a witty anecdote. She loves curling up with a good book, but rarely allows herself the time. She is one of "those" morning people and has complete faith in the higher power that is Beyonce.
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com