The best three ways to celebrate Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Halloween is by far my favorite time of year. It’s fall and I absolutely love fall clothing. Getting to bring out my Uggs and over-the-knee boots again with a big sweater and a scarf is exactly what I love to have happen. Dressing up for Halloween is the best part, but getting in the spirit of the holiday is just as better. Read on for tips on how to make the most out of the holiday. 

1. Decorate your dorm or apartment
The most exciting thing I’ve come home to all semester has to be the surprise my roommate gave me when she decorated the apartment for Halloween. I walked in to find cobwebs over the lights, Disney Halloween stickers on the sliding doors and three pumpkins filled with candy. Nothing gets the Halloween spirit in the air like a decorated living space. The act and aftermath bring back warm memories from childhood, and the only bad part is taking it down when Halloween is over.

2. Throw a party
Nothing says theme party like the holiday of Halloween. The best part is that you don’t really even need a theme because when it’s Halloween you’re guaranteed to have people show up in costumes. Whether it’s Lady Gaga, Little Red Riding Hood or a Scrabble letter, anything goes. It’s Halloween afterall. 

3. Go celebrate on State Street
As a junior at Wisconsin, one of my favorite memories to this day is experiencing FreakFest my freshman year of college. From the set up to the actual fest itself, the Halloweeny-ness of it never stops. It’s so exciting to watch everything be set up, but it’s even better to actually go and see everyone in costume. You get to listen to good music, eat some food and show off your own costume while looking at everyone else’s. If that doesn’t do it for you, it’s always a perfect brainstorming opportunity for next year’s Halloween!