This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Any girl who has ever had an 8:50am class knows how hard it is to get out of bed and put together a cute outfit.  Sometimes you know even before you get up that it’s going to be a sweatpants day! Here are a few easy ways to avoid the sweatpants, and look comfy cute! 

The first rule to looking cute and being comfy, is to invest in nice leggings or comfortable skinnys.  Lululemon prices are expensive, but the leggings last forever, are comfortable enough to sleep in, and can look adorable with almost any top!  

The next step to having great casual class style is all in the footwear.  There are a million options in this category.  You could wear anything from a pair of flat, knee high boots, to fuzzy moccasins, or a pair of colorful Nike Frees.  All these will look great with your outfit and help you avoid those unwanted blisters.  For me, if I leave for my Monday 8:50 lecture in anything but my slippers, it’s considered a win!  

To look cute in class, a girl must master the ancient art of a messy ponytail.  Let’s be honest, after getting four hours of sleep none of us are up for taking an hour to wash, blow dry, and style our hair.  In addition, developing a simple, 5-min makeup routine will help reduce time before class, without sacrificing your put together look.

Finally, the last rule to mastering cute, casual, class style is to stock up on accessories.  Any plain, comfy outfit can be jazzed up with accessories. These can include scarves, earrings, and belts.  Add these to any outfit to create your own personal style! 

Mastering these simple rules will guarantee you’ll look put together and adorable, without taking hours before class to get that way.  Skip the sweatpants next time and try these out in the morning! 

Madison Krigbaum

Wisconsin '18

.
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com