This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Sometimes, being a college student can feel like you’re always on the go and in a rush. Because of this, it is so important to stay fully nourished throughout the day, to make sure that you can accomplish all the things you have to do. Snacks are great ways to make sure you’re properly fueled; below are ten different options you can add to your snack repertoire. 

Apple and Peanut butter 

One of the most classic snacks, and for good reason. An apple and peanut butter (or any type of fruit, if apples aren’t your thing!) is a dynamic duo, and super easy if you’re on the go. With the carbohydrates from the apple, and the fat and protein from the peanut butter, this snack is guaranteed to keep you satisfied. 

Carrots and hummus

If sweet snacks aren’t your thing, savory snacks (like carrots and hummus) can be a great option. Carrots and hummus are super easy to throw in a Tupperware and take on the go if you’re in a hurry. If carrots aren’t your thing, pretzels or crackers are other great choices. 

Trail mix 

Trail mix is a great on-the-go snack because it’s so versatile. Any combination of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit can be a great option to buy or make yourself. One of  my favorite trail mixes to buy is the “Simply Almonds, Cashews & Cranberries Trek Mix” from Trader Joes. 

Bars 

Bars are one of my personal favorite on-the-go snacks, because they’re so easy to grab when you’re in a hurry. Some of  my favorite brands are Squarebars, Lara Bars, and Kind bars. If you want something really filling, Perfect bars are a great option.  

Toast

Although this one might require a little more prep, a piece of toast is another great snack choice if you’re on-the-go. Good toppings are spreads like peanut butter or avocado. 

Popcorn

Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks if I’m on the go. Brands like Skinny Pop and Boom Chika Pop make individual servings, so it’s easy to grab a bag before running out the door. Popcorn isn’t super filling on its own, but having it with another snack or meal is a great option. 

Crackers 

Crackers are super easy to throw in a Tupperware and toss in your bag; they are a staple snack food. Because they’re so versatile, you can add any spread to go along with them. Another great option is crackers on their own, like peanut-butter sandwich crackers. These can be a great filling snack, and keep hunger at bay in between meals. 

Yogurt

Yogurt is another excellent snack if you’re in a hurry. Some of my favorite brands are Siggis, Chobani, and Fage. Or, if dairy isn’t your thing, So Delicious and Kite Hill are good vegan options. 

Dried fruit

Dried fruit is a solid option if you just need a little boost of energy. Dried mango is my absolute favorite, but other fruits, like dried apricots or apples are also delicious. 

Jerky 

Although it’s usually known as a great “road trip snack,” jerky can be a great on-the-go snack in college, too. It might not be the first thing that comes to mind as a snack, but jerky is a great option (if meat is your thing!) Trader Joe’s has several great options, including my personal favorite, their Teriyaki Turkey Jerky. Hey, don’t knock it before you try it. 

Snacks are great ways to make sure that we’re staying properly fueled in between meals (so that we can avoid that “hangry” feeling!). Hopefully this list will provide you with some new options to incorporate into your daily life. Happy snack eating!

Ila Schrecker

Wisconsin '23

Hello! I am a sophomore at UW Madison studying Communication Arts and English. I love hot yoga, coffee, and baking.
Erin Kleber

Wisconsin '21

Erin is majoring in Political Science and Communication Arts, with a certificate in Criminal Justice. She is a proud co-president of HC Wisconsin, and has been a member since her freshman year. When she's not writing or spending time with her HC gang, you can find her reading a good book, spending time up north, or cheering on the Badger football team.