friends girls football college game spirit smile laugh sunglasses
Cameron Smith / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

5 Gameday Staples for a Badger

Game days in Madison are filled with a whole bunch of spirit. No matter what the weather, a sea of red and white can be seen all around campus as students and supporters alike make their way to Camp Randall in support of Badger football. Coming up with a perfect game day outfit that combines style with comfort can be tricky, but with these five basics, it can be executed to perfection.

1. Red Jeans

The first basic staple is a pair of red jeans. My recommendation being the Denver Denim Red Jeans from Princess Polly; however, any pair works! Red jeans with a stretchy and comfortable fabric allow for Badger’s to show their spirit while also being warm and able to move around. These can be paired with a white long sleeve bodysuit or possibly a gray sweatshirt. Any neutral will work!

2. red Beanie

The next staple is a red beanie. This allows for you to be comfortable on colder game days giving you the opportunity to wear a neutral colored outfit, perhaps a white sweatsuit, while also incorporating Wisconsin red.

3. knee length red sweatshirt

The third staple is a knee length red sweatshirt. One great place to shop for this would be Single Stitch, a thrift store by the capital. In the fall Madison’s weather can be unpredictable and wearing a sweatshirt provides warmth and comfort and can be dressed up or down. Some styling options include wearing it with leggings as well as you can wear it with tights and knee high boots. If you are looking for extra warmth you can opt to wear a puffy vest over top.

4. red puffer jacket

The fourth staple is a red puffer jacket. This allows you to wear anything that fits your comfort, such as leggings and a sweatshirt with the red puffer on top. You can also opt to wear a baseball or trucker cap on top. This jacket is perfect for colder weather game days.

5. red sunglasses

The fifth and final staple are red sunglasses. This accessory is perfect for an all neutral fit and provides you with a pop of red in your outfit. They also come in fun shapes, such as stars or hearts.

With these five staples, you are now ready to take on Badger Game Days in comfort and style!

Sophie is currently a freshman at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is studying English, Creative Writing. She enjoys reading romance novels, fashion design and sewing, listening to music and meeting new people!