This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

We all have those days when all we want is to tune out life and responsibilities or press pause on our fast-paced lives. It’s days like these when we turn to reading a good book, catching up on sleep, or my favorite, binging on Netflix. There are several reasons why Netflix is our go-to on days like these, and below are just 8 of those reasons.

Netflix is always there for you, only a few clicks away. It’ll even be there when you are a hot mess, in your sweats, or drunk. ALWAYS.

You can alter Netflix to your mood. With all the different genres and types of movies and TV shows to search through, you can be sure to find something for every mood.

You can live vicariously through characters (including friendships, romance and even action or adventure) when things in life aren’t going as planned. Who doesn’t love getting overly attached to movie romances or shipping certain couples?!

Netflix won’t judge you, even when you binge watch an entire series in your sweats while you enjoy some sweet treats (Those “are you okay?” notifications after watching possibly too many episodes in a row could beg to differ, but we all just ignore those anyway, right?)

Netflix will never forget you. You can literally come back and pick up right where you left off whenever, wherever.

You can shamelessly pause, rewind, and replay to stare at the hotties of your favorite shows and movies. It’s so much easier to gawk and drool when they can’t see you.

Netflix will stay up late with you no matter what. You can curl up with a blanket and some late night snacks to catch up on your favorite shows until 3am whenever you please.

Netflix doesn’t have feelings, so it won’t get overly attached to you or talk back, but it’s likely that you might produce feelings of your own, particularly addiction.

Netflix is the way to go when you want to escape your thoughts and responsibilities. It’s a great way to relieve stress and live through the lives of your favorite characters. Clearly the creators behind Netflix knew what they were doing, since Netflix is obviously better than real life. Keep on binging, fellow Netflix lovers.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!