7 Things Badger Students Should Be Thankful for This Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner, so here’s a reminder of all the things we have to be thankful for as UW students!

1. The drunk girl I met in the bathroom

You complimented my hair, dress and makeup from the moment I walked out of the bathroom stall, before I could give you a proper greeting. Thank you for being such a kind stranger and for being my new best friend.

2. Netflix checking in on my well-being

Thanks for asking if I’m still there, Netflix. You’re like my mom away from home — minus all the judgment.

3. K-Cups

You’ve provided me my only solace when I’m pulling all-nighters at the library and when I’m sitting at my desk crying. You’re the only reason I can get out of bed to make my 8:50’s.

4. Having roommates

You’ve seen me at my very worst and my very best. You send me good luck texts before my tough exams, support my very questionable weekend choices and are always willing to share friends, food, clothes, etc. I would literally not make it through the year without you.

5. Being able to say the Badgers are 11-0

There’s nothing like school spirit, so jumping around and screaming “Build Me Up Buttercup” at Camp Randall with an amazing football team are reasons we will use to coerce future generations to attend UW Madison.

6. Professors who actually cancel class the Wednesday before Thanksgiving

Let’s be real, these professors are the best. They know we aren’t coming to class that day; and honestly, they don’t want to be there any more than we do.

7. There’s only 25 days left of the semester

Yes, there are only 25 days left to the semester when we return from Thanksgiving break! We only have to endure so much more before we are free for winter break — which is actually a whole month long this year!  

‘Tis the season of giving thanks and stuffing our faces full! So go ahead, show your gratitude! 

Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!