6 Places to Study on Campus During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Just like winter, finals are here. Here, we have six ‘almost perfect’ places on campus for you to study for finals in the chilly Wisconsin weather!

1. College Library

We have the more popular library, Helen C White, to start the list! Although the library is usually packed during the weeks leading up to finals, the gorgeous Lake Mendota view will always boost your mood when studying — you will find scenic views of the lake from the third-floor windows!

2. Student Activity Center (SAC)

The SAC may not be as popular as College, but it’s conveniently situated in a central location on campus. You can always grab a coffee from CoffeeBytes or some snacks from Walgreens when you need a break from studying. Go straight up to the third or fourth floor to enjoy a social yet quiet studying atmosphere!

3. School Of Human Ecology (SoHE)

You may or may not have heard about SoHE, but it’s a hidden gem on campus; it’s definitely worth checking out. Located near Van Hise Hall, SoHE provides a delightful study environment with the most interesting bathrooms on campus. You can always get snacks and drinks from Robin’s Nest Café on the second floor.

4. Discovery Building

One of the most vibrant buildings on campus, the Discovery Building is wonderful for both solo and group studying. The first floor is full of private and group study spaces. In need of coffee or food when studying? No problem. Steenbock’s Cafe and Aldo’s Coffee are both located inside the Discovery Building!

5. Wisconsin Historical Society Library

Enjoy the historical ambiance and silent space here at the Wisconsin Historical Society Library. This place offers a two-story reading room for those who are seeking a comfortable and quiet studying space!

6. Kohler Art Library

Explore your artistic side when studying for finals at Kohler Art Library. The amazing artwork and book collection here will give you a break from your intense studying.

Have fun studying and best of luck this finals season!

Communication Arts student who specializes in social media marketing. Extensive background in Digital Studies and French.