5 Outfit Ideas for Chilly Game Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As the weather starts getting colder, it becomes harder to find cute and warm outfits for game day. After searching Pinterest up and down, I found five game day outfits for colder days — and trust me, they will invoke major fashion envy. Put those frumpy sweatshirts away and take some inspiration from these girls who did chilly game days right!

1. Badgeralls

Don’t put your Badgeralls away just yet! You can make good use of your red and white overalls throughout the football season. Layer a long sleeve t-shirt or a sweatshirt underneath your badgeralls, and you will be one warm little Badger fan.

2. Athleisure

You can never go wrong with athleisure! I mean, has anyone ever regretted wearing leggings?

3. Layers

LAYERS!! I cannot stress this enough, and these girls do it perfectly. By layering a vest over a sweatshirt or a crewneck, you are sure to stay cute and snug throughout the game.

4. Fur

Find some fur! I love this idea, especially since all things fur and wool have become so popular recently.

5. Hockey Jerseys

Hockey jerseys are a staple at football games — kind of a contradictory statement, huh? Since they’re a little bit thicker than football jerseys, they help to keep you a bit warmer.

Fall game days are so much more enjoyable when you’re cozy and comfortable. Make sure you wear something that makes you feel like you can “jump around” all day in the freezing cold Wisconsin weather. Stay warm, everyone!

Manisha is a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin- Madison and a pre-nursing major. She is always itching to try the newest trends, whether they pertain to food, fashion, music, or any new product that claims to have an ample amount of caffeine. In her free time you could probably find Manisha online shopping, watching netflix, or avoiding her homework. 
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!