This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Christmas time is arguably the best time of the year — the semester is wrapping up, and winter break is just around the corner. What could be better than that? As the countdown to Christmas starts, so should your Christmas movie marathons. So, here are the 10 classic, popular Christmas movies to start you off. Grab your friends, make some hot cocoa, and gather around the TV for a good break from studying.

1. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

This is the one I pick whenever I go to watch a Christmas movie. It’s a timeless Christmas story with a happy ending.

2. Frosty the Snowman

A magical favorite for all ages, this movie shows what true friendship means. Who doesn’t love Frosty?

3. Home Alone

They left behind the right kid — his genius and schemes saved his house!

4. Home Alone 2

You’d think Kevin’s parents would learn to really keep an eye on him the first time around — but apparently not. He sure did live the luxurious life in NYC for a little bit, though. I wish it was me!

5. Elf

You’ll never stop laughing with this one — oh, and you’ll learn to insult someone by calling them a “cotton-headed ninny-muggin.” Lines from this movie are just ~so~ quotable.

6. The Santa Clause (1, 2 and 3)

Tim Allen is one of my favorite actors because he’s hilarious! Usually, there’s only one actually good movie in a series — but not in this case. All three movies are fantastic!

7. The Year Without A Santa Claus

Santa gets the sniffles sometimes, too. But if he can power through, we, too, can power through!

8. A Christmas Carol

This cute movie has such a good message behind it. I remember watching this one as a kid every year on Christmas Day.

9. National Lampoon’s Christmas

When the squirrel jumps out of the tree…priceless!

10. The Polar Express

“Hot, hot, hot, hot chocolate!” This was such a great movie that Rail Events even made a train ride that’s modeled after it!

Christmas is such a happy time of year: you get to watch the best movies over and over without getting bored of it. The Hallmark Channel is also another great place to watch good Christmas movies — they put on a never-ending loop of happy, cheerful movies. There’s always time for Christmas movies and for spreading holiday cheer. So, go ahead, grab the remote and watch a movie — or two…or three. Merry Christmas!

Laura Dirk

Wisconsin '21

Hi! I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin - Madison studying biology. I am crossing my fingers to get into vet school to continue my education and follow my dream! Follow along my rollercoaster of college with me through my articles, learn new tips and tricks, learn from my mistakes, be inspired!