Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Christmas Scenes from Movies and Books that NEED to be Recreated

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

If you’re a book writer or screenwriter, or you’re just looking for some ideas to do something special with your partner, your family or your best friend and their partner (or any couples you know), you came to the right place! Here are some scenes from movies or books that can potentially happen around Christmas time or during the winter season! 

movie Scenes Involving a significant other or Best friend

Anna Schultz-Girl And Guy Talking At Holiday Party
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

You might have watched a Hallmark movie and all of them are either about two people getting together or the main character helping her friends or people in their community get together.

Here’s a list of scenes that go well with Christmas/winter in movies: 

• Winter wedding proposal (or even a Christmas decorated/Christmas themed wedding proposal)
  • Winter wedding
  • Christmas movie marathon
  • Ice skating
  • Going to a Christmas tree farm
  • Baking
  • Cooking meals from a city, state, or a whole other country you and your partner were supposed to go to for your honeymoon, anniversary, or during the holiday season(s)

Scenes from books Involving a significant other or best Friend

Some of these might be from the list above, but they also work well with scenes from books to do with your significant other, family, or even if you’re starting a family. 

Here are a few scenes that go well with the Christmas/winter season that you can do with your significant other or your best friend and their significant other can do:

• Winter wedding
  • Going to a Christmas tree farm
  • Baking 
  • Ice skating

It might take you and your significant other, or your best friend and their significant other, some time to plan these ideas into a date or special occasion in your and your significant other’s life, or your best friend and their significant other’s lives if they’re planning a date or special occasion out. 

Winter Wedding Proposal 

For the Winter Wedding Proposal, you can do pedals leading outside, especially before it starts snowing, to the spot you want to propose at if the proposal happens at home. If it’s in public in a private place with family around or where you think both of you feel comfortable enough, it can happen in public with it snowing. If you’re on a farm, find a place to decorate, even if it’s in the barn to lead him or her out of the house, and find a place to hide if you want to surprise her with the proposal from behind. I wrote a Winter Wedding Proposal in book 2, part 2 (Seasons of Mystery) of a series I’m writing that I mentioned before, entitled The Hidden Chronicles

Winter Wedding 

If you’re thinking of planning on doing a winter wedding, it’s probably best to do it inside so everybody who’s attending the wedding doesn’t get sick. In part 1 We Still Exist, which is book 1 in The Hidden Chronicles series I’m currently writing, I planned a wedding to be on November 10th specifically. It was the date I chose for the two characters getting married to choose since they didn’t want it to be in December with it being Christmas season and one of the characters getting married on that day was expecting a set of twins to be born any day after the couple’s honeymoon. 

Christmas Movie Marathon 

If you and your significant other don’t want to go anywhere for a date or your significant other can’t think of something for a date, this is the perfect cozy date. For Christmas movies that are well known around Christmas time are Hallmark movies. If you and your significant other are wanting to watch Christmas movies from your childhood, such as Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, or A Christmas without A Santa Claus,  might be on CBS and Freeform.

hallmark christmas movies?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
The Hallmark Channel

Ice Skating 

Ice skating is also a good date night during the Christmas/winter season. Even if you’re significant other doesn’t know how to ice skate both of you can go to have fun and spend time together. I haven’t done this with my boyfriend yet, but this is a good date, especially if you and your significant other go at night at a public skating rink. 

Baking

If both of you love making Christmas cookies, this is the perfect date! There are plenty of shapes you can make as Christmas movies. You can make stars, trees, snowmen, reindeer, bells, mistletoe, and any other shape a Christmas cookie cutter comes in. 

Cooking Meals 

This is the same concept for baking. If you and your significant other can’t think of anything to do or your significant other can’t think of a date, cooking meals together is always fun to do especially at supper time. This is always a fun one to do just with family and friends during the Christmas/winter season as well. 

Christmas Tree Farm 

If you and your partner want to get a real Christmas tree, a Christmas tree farm is the right place to find a real Christmas tree. If you’re starting a family, this will be a tradition you and your new family will want to do every year especially as your kids grow up. This will be something your kids will remember, if you do have kids, for the rest of their lives doing with their parents as they were growing up and as they were growing into the adults you want them to be.

Gracey Duprel

Winthrop '27

Freshman Winthrop '27 Historian Social Studies Education Major Historical Fiction/Historical Fantasy Writer