What Should Be on Your Playlist for Women’s History Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Happy Women’s History month! I hope this month brings you happiness and inner peace. I took the liberty of creating a playlist for Women’s History Month on Spotify that’s over FOUR HOURS long. If you need a playlist to listen to while you walk to class, drive to work, write an essay, or just rediscover some bangers by female artists, this playlist is the one for you.

I will link the playlist in this article, but I wanted to highlight a few of the powerful voices that you will hear throughout the playlist first.

Doja cat

Talk about a jack of many trades. Doja Cat sings, raps, games, and is an amazing dancer. Her songs will make you feel like the boss that you are.

A few of her songs on the playlist: Kiss Me More (featuring SZA), Woman, Boss B*tch

lady gaga

An absolute icon. I had to include her on the list. Lady Gaga not only empowers women, but she encourages everyone to embrace who they are and take pride in their identity.

A few of her songs on the playlist: Applause, Born This Way, Telephone

britney spears

She’s free now! We should celebrate her 13-year long conservatorship finally ending by enjoying the iconic songs that she sings.

A few of her songs on the playlist: Work B*tch, Stronger, Lucky

Taylor swift

You were tossing me the car keys… Taylor said everyone’s thoughts about the patriarchy in All Too Well (Taylor’s Version). Channel that energy by listening to her songs on the playlist!

A few of her songs on the playlist: The Man, You Need to Calm Down, Picture to Burn

madonna

The original material girl herself had to make an appearance on this playlist. She has so many iconic songs that I had a hard time choosing which ones to put on this playlist.

A few of her songs on the playlist: Material Girl (of course), Holiday, Hung Up

Dua Lipa

The amount of bops that Dua Lipa has created is astounding. Thanks to Jimmy Fallon, she recently met her biggest fan (an 80-year-old man who went viral on TikTok for talking about his love for the singer). Give her songs a listen and you will understand why he was so excited to meet his favorite singer.

A few of her songs on the playlist: Don’t Start Now, Break My Heart, Blow Your Mind (Mwah)

Megan thee stallion

No list of powerful women in the music industry is complete without queen Megan. She is a 2021 college graduate who is just an awesome and realistic example of achieving your dreams. Her flow is absolutely addictive and you will not be able to sit still when one of her songs comes on.

A few of her songs on the playlist: Megan’s Piano, Girls in the Hood, Flamin’ Hottie

The moment you have all been waiting for…

Here is the link to the playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3EstaDh3pmMBJCD9xfYt6p?si=758a4c06c3124d0c

I hope you enjoy every moment of listening and have a joyful women’s history month!

I'm Camryn and I'm a senior Special Education major from Lexington, South Carolina! I love chai lattes and enjoy all things fall.