Top 5 Shocking Moments on Week Three of The Bachelor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Watching the episode of the bachelor last night had me feeling so many emotions! Like I know it’s hard for Arie to make a decision on who will be his future wife. But it’s also hard for me to watch as these women go through a tremendous pain trying to figure out if there the one for Arie!

Week Three of The Bachelor, eight girls had to fight to show their love for Arie in a wrestling-themed date. Arie chose Maquel, Lauren B., Tia, Jacqueline, Krystal, Bibiana, Marikh, and Bekah M for the first group date. However, at the end of the first group date Arie gave Bekah M. the first rose of the night. Also, Arie chose Lauren S. for a one-on-one date to Napa Valley vineyard. 

For the second group date of the episode, Arie takes Chelsea, Annaliese, Brittany T., Becca K., Jenna, Caroline, and Ashley to a dog show. The lucky women to get a rose on the second date was Chelsea. The tension and drama started to heat up at the cocktail party between the girls and Arie. Therefore, at the rose ceremony Arie had a hard decision to make on who gets a rose. However, one girl had to go home and that girl was Bibiana.

This episode honestly had me at the edge of my seat with the abundance of shocking moments. I feel like Arie had these girls were on a emotional rollercoaster throughout this episode. You honestly didn’t know who was going home and you could tell no one was safe on week three. Therefore, here’s my top 5 shocking moments on week three:

1. Annaliese was sent home early at the cocktail party.

I was bothered to see Annaliese go home because you can tell she really loved Arie. However, you can tell she was getting fed up with the fact that she had not kiss Arie yet. She wanted to show her affectionate side to Arie but it was to late. Arie felt that she didn’t open up to him sooner and he sent her home early.

2. Arie was getting bored on his one-on-one date with Lauren S.

Arie seemed as if he was having a better time with the food on his plate then with Lauren S. Lauren kept rambling and going off topic about her life not noticing she was losing Arie’s attention. However, he cut the dinner short by not giving Lauren a rose and sending her home.

3. Krystal is crazy in love!

Krystal is ready to be Mrs. Luyendyk and she will not knock out anyone that gets in the way. Krystal honestly is getting a big head after meeting Arie’s family on Week two. She believes she is the only one that understands Arie needs. Also, she will steal anyone’s alone time with Arie so she could have more time with him. This women is someone to watch out for because she will not stop until that ring is on her finger!

4. Arie uses Bibiana’s Romantic set up for the other women

This was upsetting to watch because Bibiana made this romantic set up for Arie only to see it used for other women. It was also heartbreaking to see her ask for alone time with him and then get rejected by him. You know what’s funny is that he rejected her on her romantic set up. I just wish she would have told him that she made that set up for him because he would probably would have had a change of heart.

5. Bibiana goes home after the rose ceremony!!!!!

C’MON ARE YOU SERIOUS ARIE!!! This women could not get a break, she tried throughout week three to get Arie to notice her. She even made him a romantic set up that he used for other women! I believe Bibiana should not have been sent home so early because she doing everything for him to like her.

Overall, I hope Arie does not eliminate his future wife because he feels he did not get a connection right away. I hope he plays smart and really try to get to know these amazing women.

Jendaya Fleming

Winthrop '21

Senior Mass Communication Major and Women's Studies Minor. I love a good horror film and hanging out with friends. 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.