mohau mannathoko upvUrxqrmro unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mohau mannathoko upvUrxqrmro unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

Things to do this summer in Rock Hill/CLT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

This summer will be my first summer staying in the Rock Hill area over the summer. I’m so excited to see what there is to knock off my bucket list this summer. 

I got a lot of these recommendations from TIikok, personal experience, and The Instagram @axioscharlottee. 

The first recommendation is a breakfast, lunch, and brunch spot very close to WInthrop’s campus. This is my first recommendation because I recently went there and had the best food ever. The establishment is called Another Broken Egg cafe. I got Shrimp and Grits, and it was hands down one of the best restaurants I’ve ever been to. 

Another cute place is Knowledge Perk Coffee shop, it’s right beside the small Mercantile. They sell coffee and small pastries. This is a good place for studying, bible study, and just small gatherings with friends. They even sometimes have a live band going and the aura is very peaceful. There’s free wifi, tables with outlets, a conference room, and couches. 

This goes right along with drinks, it’s a dessert shop. The Nineity’s Dessert Bar. This is located in the same shopping center as Anorher Broken Egg cafe. This restaurant serves  cereal milkshakes, cookies, sundaes, dessert lattes, brownies, and more. The interior is so bright and vibrant. The art around it is nickelodeon tv shows and characters. 

The next place is a food hall, named Gibson Mill Market. This place consists of a three food stall, and arcade room. The restaurant consists of a seafood restaurant, asian restaurant, and an ice cream parlor. The restaurant is located at 305 McGill Ave. I have not tried this place yet but it’s on my bucket list for sure. 

The next place is a California- based cafe. It’s called Vitality Bowls.. It serves acai bowls, smoothies, salad, and wraps. This restaurant is in the South End area of Charlotte. The interior is bought and very welcoming. 

Another great brunch place is the cutest restaurant named Tupelo Honey. This place is absolutely delicious. I have gone here a couple of times and have always been satisfied with the service and customer service. This restaurant serves chicken and waffles, shrimp and grits and anything else associated with brunch. 

A fun more artsy thing to do in Charlotte is the Mint Museum. According to Tripadvisor Website, it’s “Designed by Machado and Silvetti Associates of Boston, the five-story, 145,000-square-foot facility combines inspiring architecture with cutting-edge exhibitions to provide visitors with unparalleled educational and cultural experiences. Located in the heart of Charlotte’s burgeoning city center, Mint Museum Uptown is an integral part of the Levine Center for the Arts, a cultural campus that includes the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts and Culture, the Knight Theater, and the Duke Energy Center. Mint Museum Uptown also features a wide range of visitor amenities, including the 240-seat James B. Duke Auditorium, the Lewis Family Gallery, art studios, a restaurant, and a museum shop.” I went a couple weekends ago with my friends and it was so beautiful and truly amusing to see all the work, especially the Picasso floor. 

These are a few things I have done or want to do this weekend as I reside in the Rock/Hill Charlotte area for the summer. I hope you all added a few of these to your summer bucket list!

Hello, my name is Jasmine Williams. I am currently a sophomore and I'm majoring in Mass Communication. Other than being on the HC team, I also have a blog and YouTube channel. I'm a Marketing Intern to Winthrop Dining and on the promotions team for Winthrop DSU! I enjoy listening to podcasts and drinking iced coffee.