Career > Work

The Perks of Being a College Brand Ambassador

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

One day I was bored in class and started applying to the different ambassador programs of some of my favorite brands. To my surprise, two reached back and said that I was accepted, which were Pura Vida and Life Is Good!! I was very excited as these two were the ones I wanted the most, and it has been a very fun experience since. 

The reason I was most excited about these ambassador deals was just as it sounds- the deals!! With Pura Vida, you get a personalized code that you can share with your friends so they get 20% off of their order, and you can use the code as well!! (Mine is BREANNAGAYLE21 for anyone wondering lol). When a certain amount of people use your code, you get moved to different statuses where you get special ambassador exclusive gifts. For the first status, the sand status, and the one I am currently in, you unlock it after making five sales, and to celebrate you get stickers and a pack of five free bracelets!! You also get 10% of the sales if you create a PayPal account and attach it to your Pura Vida account.

In order to apply you go to the Pura Vida website and go to the brand tab, where you will select brand ambassadors. From there it will give you the option to go to the application! You also unlock exclusive iPhone wallpapers and get exclusive access to all the newest drops. This one is my favorite as I never miss a new update or restock!! This one is shorely (see what I did there) a very easy one to join, and the only thing you have to do is promote yourself and your code!! Not only have I gotten free swag from this ambassador program, but I have also learned how to advertise and market myself and various products. I highly recommend it!!

The life is Good ambassador program is a little harder to get into but still 100% worth the try. For this program, you have to add that you are a life is good ambassador to your Instagram bio, have a public Instagram account, and tag life is good in all of your posts and use the hashtags #LIGbrandambassador and #Thisisoptimism. I normally wait a little bit before adding the tag and hashtags, and I still get credit. You do not get a code or payment for this program, but you do get free boxes of goodies every season, and a box just for getting into the program. For my ambassador welcome box, I received over $200 dollars worth of shirts, a hoodie, a hat, and a beach towel for ABSOLUTELY FREE. I don’t know about y’all but free stuff from my favorite brand is always a huge HUGE positive. To apply, you can either google Life Is Good Brand Ambassador Application. I have yet to find out how on the website. 

If you are bored and feeling lucky, I highly recommend applying to the various ambassador. You never know what will happen or what you could get if you do not try, and the worst that could happen is they do not respond.

Breanna Gayle is a senior Special Education major here at Winthrop as well as an exec member for Chi Omega and Circle of Sisterhood!! She is also a member of the Council for Exceptional Children. She can usually be seen hanging around campus with friends or getting an iced coffee. She is very excited and honored to be a part of the Her Campus crew!!