This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

If you aren’t a football fan but plan on watching the super bowl with friends or going to a super bowl party, don’t worry here are some times to get you through the super bowl.

1. Bring Food

What is a super bowl without food? Food makes any social event better. Make sure to stop at the store or a resturant and grab chips or an appetizer for the super bowl.

2. Cheer For the Right Team

If you are not into football, than chances are you might not care about what teams are playing. Which is why you must cheer for your friends’ team playing if you are watching the game with them, or if you are at a super bowl party route for the team everyone else is. For the night at least act as you care about football.

3. Show Your Spirit

Buy a jersey or wear the teams’ colors! While acting as if you have an interest in football you also need to look like you care too! Make the night fun and show your team spirit!

4. Learn A Few Details About the Team’s Playing

Another tip is to do a little research on the teams playing. You can learn a few players on each team, the stats for their seasons and maybe a few terms of football. That way you look like you have some knowledge in football and can be involved in football conversations that night.

5. Have Fun

The super bowl only comes once a year, have fun with your friends! Watch the game even if you do not understand it and take pictures, those are memories you will have forever!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.