This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

it would be a good thing to look back on some of the books that I read during 2022 and tell you guys what I thought about them.

1. The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Now the authors name might seem familiar to you and that is because she also wrote The Inheritance Games. But The Naturals was one of her first works. The book starts off with Cassandra or Cassie Hobbes telling that she has been able to profile people due to both natural skill and because her mother has taught her. The FBI reach out to her and she thinks it is because of her missing presumed dead mother but no while that is a open cold case that is not why they are interested in her. The FBI have a group for adolescence who help with cold cases and then go on to work in the FBI so they want to recruit her. Along the way in this series yes I said series, Cassie finds love and the truth about what happened to her mother. She also finds a family that she choose and some related family that she had no idea about.

This book is of the YA genre and it does get gory in a sense so if you liked Criminal Minds and are looking for a good YA counter part then this just might be the book for you.

1. The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Now before this book became the movie and television adaptation that we know about today, like with almost all good things the story started out as a book. Now there were some intimate scenes in this book so I would definitely not suggest this to younger readers. But if you are fans of the Bridgerton novels and are interested in some realistic but at the same time supernatural weirdness then this book is for you. Throughout the book we see the love story between Claire and Henry and at times it is funny and at other times it might be consider weird or sad but it definitely pulls the emotional heartstrings.

So if you are looking for a more grown up novel that has romance then this is the book for you.

1. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

This book really spoke to my inner 13 year old self and it also made me fall in love with binge reading the books over and over again. The series takes place mostly during the summer although there are some other seasons sprinkled in their. Belly has a crush on her family friend Conrad, now Jeremiah Conrad’s younger brother also has a crush on Belly. Things definitely get complicated in this book series that gives you the feels in Taylor Swift songs and Olivia Rodrigo songs. It also makes one feel like a teenager again.

While I have read more then just these three books. If I wrote about all of the books I read it would be a book itself. But go and enjoy these books and look forward to the world of reading in 2023.

Elaina Jamrog

Winthrop '24

I am a writer of poetry, fiction, and I write reviews