This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

The Roman Empire was a huge part of history- and guys apparently think about it a lot as TikTok has taught us. This has led to a HUGE trend in people sharing what their Roman Empire moments are, so I decided to share a few of mine. 

1. Tom Hollands’ “Umbrella dance” from lip sync battles
    1. Everything about this performance is iconic. The water, the bob, the flip- it is burnt into my brain and I am okay with it. I can no longer hear the song or see rain without thinking of him in his little outfit killing this dance. 
  1. Nickelbacks “look at this graph” vine
    1. Every time I see this vine I die of laughter. Why? I am not 100% sure but I am ok with it. Every time I see a graph or have to make one this is the first thing I think of.
  1. Wendy Williams singing for the Masked singer
    1. I find myself constantly playing “no one opens the DOOOOR” in my head. It was so obvious it was her under the costume, but her performance and snorts were hilarious. 
  1. This is a given- The treblemakers performance in pitch-perfect
    1. I know this is a very popular one- who doesn’t love men in the same outfit singing and dancing around? Something about this performance just sticks in my brain. I listen to it at least once a month which I feel like is an okay amount lol
  1. Howie Mandel is missing scandal.
    1. I was fully invested when TikTok came to the conclusion that Howie Madel was kidnapped. This theory is extremely weird, but not going to lie it had some beefy evidence that made me believe it at times. Howies tik tok is amazing and I really suggest giving him a follow- but there is a warning on the next moment
  1. When Howie Mandel posted a prolapsed anus.
    1. Thank god I did not personally see this… but still Howie what in the world?!?!
  1. “Lil Boo Thing” by Paul Russell
    1. This song was on my for you page DAILY on TikTok. It was, and is constantly stuck in my head and I was so excited when the whole song came out. The song is amazing and catchy and definitely an earworm- in a good way. 
  1. YOU DROPPED OUT OF YALE
    1. If you are not a Gilmore girls fan- first please step away from this article to binge it. This show as a whole is amazing, but there is something about this scene that makes it extra special. Jess is perfect in this scene, and I would kill for someone to care for me the way Jess did in this scene. Even without watching the show, you should look up this speech on YouTube- it is amazing. 
  2. Bama Rush Tok
    1. As a sorority girl myself, Bama Rush Tok is crazy. I am not sure why this “mini-series” on TikTok is so addicting, but I find myself getting stuck in a loop with it all the time. 
  1. Womp Womp
    1. I know this one is foul- but its burned in my brain. Any time anyone says anything slightly sad, my first thought is womp womp. If you are confused, search womp womp on tik tok and it should come up. 
  1. Beyonce’s “I was not expecting that question” from her “Pretty Hurts” music video
    1. This is one my friend Ani showed me that I love lol. Something about her falling in the water for no reason is really funny.
  1. Japarty
    1. Total Drama Island is one of the best shows to ever exist. I am constantly singing it and it is just really funny.  “Jamaica they’re trapped down in… Jamaica, they can’t even Japarty… It’s so unfair”. Like common you guys LET THEM JAPARTY.
  1. The “Run Joey” Glee music video
    1. Why are there three guys acting as the same guy?!?! How did Rachel think this was a good idea?!? It is so funny but did she think everyone would roll with it?!?
glee valentines day?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
FOX
  1. My name… is Lewis
    1. This pumpkin man animatronic at Target is probably the cutest and best thing to come out of this year. I need to go to Target to meet him. 
  1. Most true crime cases.
    1. I am a true crime gal who listens to my favorite murder- at random times their stories pop in my head.
  2. Paul Rudd.
Breanna Gayle is a senior Special Education major here at Winthrop as well as an exec member for Chi Omega and Circle of Sisterhood!! She is also a member of the Council for Exceptional Children. She can usually be seen hanging around campus with friends or getting an iced coffee. She is very excited and honored to be a part of the Her Campus crew!!