This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

The weather is getting colder, the days are getting shorter, and all I want to do is snuggle in bed and listen to my favorite music. For me, fall is all about comfort, growth, and reflection. Music-wise, I tend to return to old favorites and songs that remind me of past years. Without further ado, here are my favorite songs for this time of year, complete with my personal classics and some that have become favorites over the past few months! Dive into the depths of my Spotify with me!

“My Love Mine All Mine” by Mitski

I’m not always an avid Mitski listener, but something about her gentle, impactful style has really had a hold on me this year. My Love Mine All Mine, contrary to popular belief, is about how her love for others and herself belongs only to her and how nobody can take that away. It’s been widely used on TikTok over the past few weeks to showcase significant others and pets, and while this is a beautiful interpretation of the lyrics, I personally find comfort in the idea that there is strength you hold in the love that belongs only to you.

“Right Side of my neck” by faye webster

I’ve recently fallen in love with Faye Webster’s music. I think it has the perfect tinge of yearning and a groovy little beat and it just gets me in the mood to crunch around in fallen leaves. This song in particular is wonderful to sing along with or skip around in your room to.

“Chinese Satellite” by phoebe bridgers

I love this song. There are multiple versions of it, but I think my favorite is the original off of Phoebe’s sophomore album, Punisher. Something about the lyrics “Drowning out the morning birds/ With the same three songs over and over/ I wish I wrote it, but I didn’t, so I learn the words/ Hum along ‘til the feeling’s gone forever” just speaks to my entire being.

“voyager” by boygenius

I saw boygenius live in June this year, and it was incredible. They released a new EP on October 13, and honestly I just don’t understand how every song they create is so perfect and beautiful and soul crushing.

“Walk you home” by sir chloe

This song is so fun to listen to and it reminds me of talking to girls you’ve never met before, making the sweetest connections, and never seeing them again. I feel like that’s a universal girl experience and one of the best parts of girlhood. The bond we share just by having similar lived experiences amazes me every time. That’s not really what the song is about (it reflects a much darker reality of womanhood), but I still like to think of it that way.

“Vacation” by florist

This song was on repeat all of last year for me and I love it so much. Florist has such a beautiful way of storytelling through song and “Vacation” showcases that very well. I have an Instagram caption about this song and have shown it to so many of my friends!

“Home” by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

When this song went viral on TikTok a couple years ago, I was immediately in love with it. It so perfectly encapsulates the feeling of found family and of feeling at home with those you love, which is kind of what I think fall is all about.

“Everywhere, everything” by Noah Kahan

I think anyone who has ever enjoyed a Noah Kahan song probably associates his music with fall weather, and for good reason! You’ve probably heard (or at least heard of) his song “Stick Season”, but the entire album is wonderful and definitely worth a listen.

“Alewife” by clairo

Something about sad songs always gets to me this time of year, but especially soft melodies and quiet instrumentals. Clairo’s music is full of them, and I love “Alewife”. It tells a bittersweet story that’s all too relatable sometimes and it is beautifully composed.

“Hot mess” by dodie

This song helps me remember that I’m not the only one who has no idea who they are or what they’re doing! Sometimes it can feel like the world is out to get you, or that everyone else is in on some secret to life that you know nothing about, especially this time of year. But, in my humble opinion, if dodie feels like a hot mess, too, then I’m probably doing alright.

These are just a few of the songs that have been on my mind recently! I hope you found a new favorite or maybe remembered some of your old favorites. I love the feelings that music reminds me of and the feelings it helps me deal with and I think that’s especially important during difficult times. Cold weather always reminds me to be grateful for what I have and to appreciate the little things, and I hope some of these songs can help you do that too!

Ella Johnson

Winthrop '26

I’m a sophomore economics major with a minor in sociology!