Motivational Monday: Highly Motivated Women From “Orange Is the New Black”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Happy Monday, everyone! Here are three awesome and motivated women for this weeks’ Motivational Monday!

1. Uzo Aduba 

Uzo Aduba is known as “Crazy Eyes” on the Netflix original series Orange Is the New Black (OITNB). Behind the scenes Uzo has a very out-going, original and wildly hilarious personality. After her jaw dropping interpretation of “Crazy Eyes”, she has instantly became a face remembered and loved by millions of people. But, Uzo did not stop there–she was also casted as Glenda the Good Witch of the South in The Wiz live. Uzo also speaks out about one of her biggest insecurities as a child and how she overcame it and learned to love herself, check out this awesome video!

Danielle Brooks

Danielle Brooks plays “Taystee.”  She is very active on Instagram and she keeps herself busy by constantly being on the move from the set of OITNB, to the gym and to Broadway…yes, Broadway! She is currently performing as Sophia in The Color Purple on Broadway. Sophia is a strong willed woman, and Danielle is the perfect match! She is strong, determined and beautiful. Follow her Instagram stories to witness her incredible and motivational determination as an upcoming actress! 

Dascha Polanco 

Dascha Polanco plays “Daya.” After her jaw dropping finale on Season 4 of OITNB fans can’t wait for season 5 to come out to find out what happens next! Dascha has been killing the red carpet since the end of the season with her flawless style, but when she was denied a dress because of her size she did not accept their response. In response, Dascha is currently working on starting her own fashion line for plus sized and curvy woman. She is inspiring people all over the world with her attitude to not give up on what she wants to accomplish. She embraces and loves her self regardless of what people think or say. She plans to keep slaying the red carpet in spite any obstacles! Dascha is also very active on Instagam, so follow her and get the insight!

Remember colligettes, you are strong, beautiful, and capable…just like all of these women.

Have an amazing week!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.