Meet Fashion Blogger @xocatiebeth!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Name: Catie Beth BowmanMajor: Business with a concentration in human resourcesHometown: Columbia, South CarolinaAge: 21

What made you want to start your fashion blog?I’ve always adored fashion! My friends encouraged me to start a blog, and I eventually got the guts to do it. My style has changed dramatically since high school, so I’m glad I waited a bit longer to dive into the world of fashion blogging.

How long have you had an interest in fashion?Let’s just say I was layering bracelets at a very young age and had diamond studs before I turned one.

What are you wanting to do after you graduate?My dream job would to work in human resources and marketing for a fashion company or major retailer. Two of my favorite things in one, yes please.

What made you want to come to Winthrop?Though I grew up close to USC, I never considered attending. I wanted to go a bit further from home to experience some independence, and I also wanted to go to a smaller school.  I love how artsy and beautiful Winthrop is.  I also didn’t know so many international students attended, but this was a perk as well.  My best friend is from the Philippines and my boyfriend is from Ireland…you don’t find that as much at other schools.

Do you want to pursue a career in fashion?Please! I could not imagine blogging as my main career but having this opportunity and such great response from people makes me want to continue.  If I don’t get a job in the fashion industry, I would continue blogging to have an outlet for my passion for clothes, make-up and more.

Who are you style inspirations? Lauren Conrad, Olivia Palermo, and Blake Lively as Serena on Gossip Girl.

What is your best beauty/style/lifestyle advice for collegiettes?Don’t be afraid to mix styles! I use to be the preppiest person ever, but over the years, I’ve learned to mix my preppy side with my boho side.  They are great complements! Also, dress to express your personality and also channel Audrey Hepburn. 

Go check out her website at www.xocatiebeth.wordpress.com and make sure to follow her on Instagram at @xocatiebeth! 
Catherine is an ambitious twenty-something woman living in Rock Hill, South Carolina where she attends Winthrop University as a mass communication major. She is the President and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Winthrop, which she co-founded in November 2014. She has also been a member of the Winthrop chapter of the Association for Women in Communications, and is currently the President of the Society of Professional Journalists chapter at Winthrop. Since being involved with Her Campus, Catherine received an internship at Her Campus Media in Boston, MA. She also currently works as a Chapter Advisor for the company and writes about Grey's Anatomy each week for the site. Because of Her Campus, she has also received writing positions at many publications throughout her 3 years at Winthrop. Outside of her busy lifestyle, Catherine enjoys relaxing with her friends on the weekends and having Sex and the City marathons. She can't live without her dog, family, Cosmopolitan, friends, Starbucks, Instagram, The Bachelor, Grey's Anatomy and of course Chick-fil-A. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: @cathclowe!