This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Dear Summer,

I really can’t stand you. Why do you have to be so confusing and so clear all at the same time? You seem so far away, yet are so close. All I can do is sit in class and think about you all day, but you are the reason I am procrastinating and neglecting my studies.

Walking on the beach, eating ice cream, and staying up all night are what I’m really wanting to be doing, but it’s not reality. I really just need to be doing homework, focusing on my grades, and finding a summer job.

One day soon, you will come, and I will go running to you. I will embrace you with full force, and never want to let go! I will live my next three months to the fullest, basking in the sun, exploring the world, eating the best foods around. I’ll stay up late, and get up even later. No worries, no homework, nothing but relaxation knowing that the next day can only be better. Cold drinks, warm sun, tan legs, all the best things in the world!

But then, August comes, and you run away again. You leave me. Alone. With new classes, new worries. You make me be without you, again, until next May. 9 months without you again, and then you come back. Like that little sibling always harassing you. Gosh, why do you have to be such a tease.

Forever faithful, but totally used, 

Me

I aspire to be like Audrey Hepburn and Elle Woods, classy and fabulous
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.