How to Cancel All of Your Plans This Weekend to Binge Watch the “Gilmore Girls” Revival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Next Friday, we are finally being blessed with the Gilmore Girls revival on Netflix. Every Gilmore Girls fanatic has been waiting impatiently since this summer for what is about to be the greatest thing to happen in Netflix history. We have been counting down the days to finally seen what has come of Rory and her friends and family, and of course, the final four words that Amy Sherman Palladino has been torturing us with for years.

But now that the time has come, you may have realized that you have a bunch of weekend plans when all you really want to do is watch Gilmore Girls and cry. I am here to make dreams a reality adn give you all of the secrets of cancelling your weekend plans gracefully so you can watch Gilmore Girls instead. 

1. Tell them that you have nothing to wear 

Because no matter how full your closet is, everybody understands that things like this happen.

2. Tell them that in your family, Thanksgiving is a weekend long event.

Becuase what’s more important than Gilmore Girls….errr, I mean family time!?

3. Tell them that you have other plans that night

They don’t need to know that the big party you are going to consists of Netflix and a gallon of ice cream.

4. Make up some crazy excuse about why you can’t get there…

The crazier the excuse the better!

5. Tell them that you have a busy day of cleaning out your closet.

Because that’s a totally valid excuse, right?

6.  Remind them of your very important sleep schedule.

7. And lastly, you could just be honest with them and tell them that you just HAVE to watch the Gilmore Girls revival.

They’ll understand… maybe.

Happy binge watching, Collegiettes!

Avid reader, animal lover, and aspiring journalist. Instagram: teafranco Twitter: tea_a_franco
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.