This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Fall is my absolute favorite season of the year. I love the changing colors of the leaves and
seeing the transition between summer and winter. Oh, and don’t forget about cute flannels and
sweaters! Daylight savings time occurs, which means an extra hour of sleep. Who doesn’t love
that! For me personally, I can say the fall weather is the most tolerable all year long, having cool
days and cozy nights. It’s the perfect time to cuddle up with a nice cup of coffee or tea and read a
good book. Some bucket list ideas could help make your fall season even better.

Host a Potluck

Hosting a Friendsgiving potluck is always something I look forward to. Gathering
with friends around the time everyone gives thanks every year is just a fun way to
appreciate all that your friends do for you.

Go Apple Picking

Going apple picking is always on my yearly bucket list. I mean, who can resist
fresh apple cider and apple cider doughnuts!

Have a Bonfire

Hosting a bonfire with family and friends is always fun year-round. But cozying
up with a blanket and listening to ghost stories while eating homemade trail mix
couldn’t be a better way to enjoy the cool crisp autumn air.

Visit a Haunted House

October known as spooky season and is all around a good time for everyone.
From elementary kids to college students, Halloween is always one of the most
favorited holidays of the year. Visiting a haunted house is a surefire way to show
how brave you can be!

Go on a Hike

If you enjoy spending time outdoors, hiking is always a good answer. Being out in
nature during the autumn months is just a plus. Seeing all the color-changing
foliage and the beautiful atmosphere is eye-catching!

See part 2 next week for five more items that are on my Fall 2022 Bucket List!

Emily Weiland

Winthrop '24

Hey! My name is Emily Weiland and I am a sophomore Business Administration major.