This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

To the girl who feels lost…

It’s okay.

It’s okay to not know your next move – sometimes the best things in life happen unexpectedly. Sometimes things that don’t always make sense at first lead to something great later on.

It’s okay to not which way to go, college will help you learn which path to take.

It’s okay to have your heart broken; it will help make you stronger. In the long run, your relationships will be lessons learned.

It’s okay to be single. You are strong, beautiful and independent; your strength will take you far in life.

It’s okay to have “lazy days,” you deserve them.

It’s okay to lose some friends; after all, college is the place where you will find your true lifelong friends.

It’s okay to be afraid to try new things. It’s tough getting out of your comfort zone, but your college years are a great time to branch out and be adventurous.

It’s okay to have bad days; they’ll only make the good ones even better. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. You can get through this!

It’s perfectly okay to take time alone to sort things out.

It’s okay to feel lost; you will always find your way.

Stay awesome, collegiettes!

Itzel Lara

Winthrop '20

Itzel Lara is a junior Social Studies Education major at Winthrop! She has hopes of becoming a high school teacher, and work her way up to teaching at a university! She has been a staff writer for Her Campus Winthrop for 3 years! One of the many reasons why Itzel loves Her Campus is because of the love that everyone has for one another – Her Campus has been a home away from home for her. She is originally from Los Angeles, California and relocated to South Carolina to continue her education. She is absolutely obsessed with giraffes! She loves exploring new places - especially waterfalls! If she's not binge watching something on Netflix then she's probably napping or hanging out with her dog, Jasper! Follow her on instagram (@ItzelCeleste_)! 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.