Every Ella Uses Girl Power to Support Charities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

In the entertainment industry, it’s normal to be told that you’re too fat or not skinny enough. They tell women that they’re not good enough and put pressure on them to look a certain way.

After being told countless times to lose weight, co-founder and CEO Lauren Kimelton decided to start a company that emphasizes girl power and that stands up for many women who are struggling with a voice. She combined her love for fashion, writing, girl power and social entrepreneurship to create her dream job at EveryElla.com. Once Kimelton decided she wanted to do this, she recruited Randi Emmans-Bailyn and the two launched the empowering business in June 2015.

At Every Ella, the lifestyle brand’s mission is to empower girls and to connect them through fashion. Since the company is centered around girl power, $3 of each purchase of a product will be donated to a charity dedicated to women. 

“We like to consider ourselves a community of girls who stand with and support one another,” Emmans-Bailyn said. “There are many challenges we face as women and we want to create an outlet and a voice where we can be heard, make a difference, and inspire each other.”

Every Ella features t-shirts that say inspiring quotes such as “Be Nice,” “I Care,” and “She is imperfect, and that’s what makes her real.” By selling these products, EE hopes expand their selection and get into retailers very soon. They would eventually like to run their own non-profit and do a school tour to meet as many young girls as possible.

To get involved, you can follow them on Instagram (@everyella), Snapchat (Every Ella), Twitter (@everyella), and Facebook (facebook.com/shopeveryella). The company also does #FanGirlFriday where they “spotlight a different girl each Friday who is overcoming difficult odds, giving back, celebrating an accomplishment or just kicking butt.” If you’re interested in being a Fan Girl, please email info@everyella.com. EE has also launched an ambassador program and will be doing more collaborations with charities soon.

“Girl power, to us, means having the freedom and courage to be who you truly are and go after what you want, without being ashamed or shunned,” Emmans-Bailyn and Kimelton said. “So often, society tells us what girls and women should say, do, think, look like, etc, and we are constantly comparing and second guessing ourselves. We want women to live in a world where they can stand on their own, go in any direction they choose and be whoever they want to be.”

**All photos are courtesy of Every Ella’s Instagram page**

Follow Catherine on Instagram and Twitter!
Catherine is an ambitious twenty-something woman living in Rock Hill, South Carolina where she attends Winthrop University as a mass communication major. She is the President and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Winthrop, which she co-founded in November 2014. She has also been a member of the Winthrop chapter of the Association for Women in Communications, and is currently the President of the Society of Professional Journalists chapter at Winthrop. Since being involved with Her Campus, Catherine received an internship at Her Campus Media in Boston, MA. She also currently works as a Chapter Advisor for the company and writes about Grey's Anatomy each week for the site. Because of Her Campus, she has also received writing positions at many publications throughout her 3 years at Winthrop. Outside of her busy lifestyle, Catherine enjoys relaxing with her friends on the weekends and having Sex and the City marathons. She can't live without her dog, family, Cosmopolitan, friends, Starbucks, Instagram, The Bachelor, Grey's Anatomy and of course Chick-fil-A. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: @cathclowe!