Betty Green: Exercise Science Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Name: Betty Green

Major: Exercise Science

Year: Junior

Hometown: Charleston, SC

What clubs and organizations are you apart of?

I am a member of the social work club and I am also in the Gamma Phi Beta honor society.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 

Hopefully in medical school!

What are your plans for the rest of this semester?

To improve my GPA and better myself as a person. 

What is an interesting fact about you?

I like being able to help people, I also like to participate in community service.

What is one thing that you’d say you are great at?

Listening to people’s problems…I used to want to do something with that but now am passionate about exercise science!

Who is your favorite celebrity and why?

My favorite celebrity is Beyonce because she makes great music and also empowers women.

Who do you look up to?

My mother and father.

I am a Mass Communications major at Winthrop University with a minor in theatre. I enjoy reading, writing, singing, blogging, traveling, photography and all things newsworthy(media, fashion and entertainment). I also love having fun and doing quality professional work. I enjoy volunteering with various organizations one in particular SOAR. A fun fact about myself is that I enjoy figure-skating and I use to take piano lessons. I truly enjoy being in the company of my family, friends and church family and I love helping others. I am excited about this opportunity, as I am looking forward to learning and passing it on.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.