This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Valentine’s day is right around the corner, there is a lot of stuff you can do like go on date or go shopping with your special someone. However, the best option is watching a romantic movie marathon with your love.

Here are the top 10 Valentine’s Day movie on Netflix!

1. 13 going on 30

This is the BEST ROM-COM EVER!!! If you love to laugh and cry, this is best movie to watch with a group of friends or loved one. This movie is about a girl who wishes on her 13th birthday to be 30-years old, so she look can be beautiful and catch a guy’s attention. 

2. Can’t Buy Me Love

If you love classic 80’s movies, this is the one for you!! This classic stars Patrick Dempsey, who plays a nerd that pays a popular girl in his high school to be his girlfriend.

3. Bridget Jones Diary

Renee Zellweger plays a middle age British woman who writes in her diary about her life as she finds love and obtains a rocky career. This a movie that any woman can relate to!!

4. Southside with Love

Who doesn’t want to see a love story about former President Barack Obama and former First Lady Michelle Obama? This movie is about the first time the 44th President and First Lady met, and their experience on their first date!

5. While You Were Sleeping

Sandra Bullock plays a transit worker that saves a handsome man, and then lies to his family about being his fiance while falling for his brother! Now, if you love a heartwarming love story, this is for you!

6. Leap Year

Amy Adams play a woman that wants to propose to her boyfriend on February 29th, but things change after she meets an handsome guy in Ireland!

7. Beauty And The Beast

Beauty And The Beast taught us that true beauty comes from within! If you loved the cartoon version as a kid, you will most definitely love the live action.

8. Hitch

This is a classic Valentine’s Day movie! Everyone needs to see this movie at least once! Will Smith plays a man who helps other men make a great impression on their first dates. While doing this, he meets a beautiful reporter who starts to get suspicious about their relationship. You have to watch to find out why this movie is such a classic!

9. Definitely Maybe

Last but not least, this movie will definitely have your emotions running high, and might make you want to slap someone. Ryan Reynolds plays a father who tells his daughter how her divorced parents met, and puts a spin on it! This is great movie and I definitely recommend watching it!!!

Collegiettes, I hope you enjoy these movies, and your is filled with lots of love! Happy Valentine’s Day!

Jendaya Fleming

Winthrop '21

Senior Mass Communication Major and Women's Studies Minor. I love a good horror film and hanging out with friends. 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.