6 Instant Confidence Boosters That You Have to Try Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

You know how you feel when you’ve found the perfect pair of jeans that delineates everything? Well, that’s exactly how your confidence should be. Without having self-confidence, you’ll easily fall into the traps of negativity and insecurity. Not only does it hurt you emotionally and spiritually, but it can hinder your success in professional careers.

Keep in mind confidence is a work in progress, such as learning a sport or an instrument–and, although these 6 instant confidence boosters may only boost your confidence temporarily, you might just achieve something you’ve never done before. Gathering solid proof that you are awesome and can achieve anything in the will make you feel awesome.

1. Smile

Yes, it sounds so cliché, but you really should smile and show off your pearly whites! A smile can push the thought of stress away, paving for a happier you!

2. Kill Negative Thoughts

Be aware of your self-thoughts. Once you change your negative thoughts into positive thoughts, spectacular things begins to happen. So don’t tell yourself “I’m tired, I should stop.” Instead, tell yourself “I got this, I’m almost there.” Just keep going, and keep up those good energies. 

3. Become a Bobble Head

Jam out to your favorite songs nodding your head along. This movement can insist the word “YES” and improve confidence in your thoughts!

4. Exercise

Break a sweat! Aside from physically benefitting from exercising, it works as mental food as well. Studies show the more you work out the less stressed you are, implementing more confidence instead.  

5. Curse out LOUD

Swearing can make you feel more empowered therefore boosting self-esteem. Just be mindful where you choose to drop the “F” bomb, you don’t want to be jobless or no longer receiving your grandmothers cookies.

6.      Admire Compliments

Often times praise can make you feel worse about yourself due to believing what compliment they give is not true–but there is really nothing better than receiving a genuine heartfelt compliment such as a birthday card, reward or an old message. So read those old texts from your mom or a friend when you’re in need of jolt of confidence.  

Try these awesome tips, Collegiettes and stay confident! After all, you’re amazing. 

My name is Shakeyma Irving or Vicky maybe Roxy all depending on the day of the week and how I'm feeling! I am a Sophomore Mass Communication major with a minor in Marketing at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina. I love all things fun and spontaneous, and bringing joy into every atmosphere. My biggest aspiration is to become a Creative Director of a thriving magazine, and to run my own online business.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.