diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Tips To Help You Slay Your Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

You and your brain have had a hard few weeks–the end of the semester is never easy! But keep in mind that you’re only a few exams and an essay away from Christmas break! And until that wonderful moment arrives, I have a few tips to help you get through the next week.

1. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE

So much work, but so little time to do it all. We’ve all been there and know the struggle. Do any busy work you can first, like writing a paper! Getting it out of the way first will give you more time to study for the bigger exams!

2. SLEEP

Even though it seems like hours of 3 am cramming and pulling an all-nighter will help you get a good grade, it’s more important to sleep. Your body obviously needs rest but so does your brain! Staying up all night studying is the equivalent to not studying at all, so make sure you go to bed early and dream about all the good grades you are going to make!

3. BALANCED DIET

It is super important to have a balanced diet to stay healthy and focused, so eat those fruits and veggies and drink some juice! These foods will help give you the energy you need to study and get your work done, and will help your brain stay focused and replenished.

4. TAKE BREAKS

Don’t forget to get up and take stretch breaks so you don’t fall asleep! Standing up and moving will get your blood flowing. Go and get some fresh air, a snack, or socialize with some classmates, but don’t spend too much time on your break! 

5. STUDY

Obviously this is the most important thing you can do during finals week! It’s almost too easy to procrastinate, but try your hardest to study in advance. If you like to study in the library, make sure you sit around the people who won’t just want to chat. 

Make sure to stay productive and get your work done because you are only a few exams away from Christmas break! Think of all the relaxing you get to do over break and it will help you work extra hard for finals! You can do it! 

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.