5 Great Ways to Break and Stay Awake While Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Finals are not only boring, but they’re also exhausting!

It doesn’t matter whether it’s 2 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon— no matter what time it is, it’s hard to stay awake and alert while studying.

And, lets be honest…as awesome as coffee is, it can really only do so much before you’re crashing hard and fast at that library table.

So here are a few helpful tips on how to keep your eyes open and your brain working while you’re cramming for the last few tests of the semester!

1. Eat Treats

There’s nothing better than treating yourself to some treats while studying. A bite of a candy bar or chomping down on some chewy, sugary gummies will give you a burst of energy, not to mention it’s a nice reward for studying so hard!

2. Dance

Take a break from sitting at that uncomfortable desk in your dorm room, put some music on and dance around the room for a few songs! It’s a fun way for you and your roommate to relax, de-stress, and wake up during those long study hours.If you’re in need of some song ideas, check out this awesome End of Semester Playlist!!http://www.hercampus.com/school/winthrop/end-semester-playlist

3. Workout

Similar to the dance technique, you can always go to the West Center and blow off some steam while waking up your brain! Whether you want to take a quick 30-minute run around the indoor track, or do a few ab workouts, it’s a great technique to wake up and get pumped for studying while getting your blood pumping.You can also walk up and down the stairs of the dorm or the library, or put a slow speed on the treadmill while reading your textbook!

4. Caffeine

As much as you probably should avoid coffee and caffeine, sometimes it’s the easiest and best way to stay awake while studying, especially when you truly don’t have time to wake up using a different method. So, if you need to reach for the mug at the same time you need to reach for that calculator, here are some delicious and easy on-the-go caffeinated drinks to buy!http://www.hercampus.com/school/winthrop/best-go-drinks-starbucks

5. Pack

The most productive you can be while taking a break from studying, is to start to pack up your room. Not only will you thank yourself later for it, but also it’s actually a great way to relax. It doesn’t take any brain energy, and you can actually even study while packing by reciting facts and information.

Don’t study too hard, collegiettes! Give yourself some time to relax!

Believe in yourself and kick those finals’ butts

Emily Murphy has been with Her Campus Media since 2018, and is currently the Branded Content Associate. She was the Campus Correspondent and Editor/President at her chapter at Winthrop University for four years, but has had a passion for all things writing since she was young. When she's not scribbling ideas down for her next branded article, she's watching reruns of Seinfeld while scrolling Pinterest for apartment inspo. Follow her on Instagram at @emilysmurfy