Your Coffee Addiction, As Told By Gilmore Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

As college students we know the value, and maybe even the necessity, of coffee before our  morning class… or at 5PM… or 9PM to pull through that all-nighter because we put off writing that paper until the day before it’s due. But no one, and I mean no one, knows how essential coffee can be more than Lorelai and Rory Gilmore, or better known as the Gilmore Girls. Lorelai and Rory’s coffee addiction may be one of the most well-known in TV history, and they are making an appearance to Netflix in November in their revival called “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.”

What better way is there to get ready for the Gilmore Girls revival than to have your coffee addiction validated by the ones who know coffee the best.

Some days you are are constantly fueled by coffee, so why not make it easier for yourself by just having an uninterrupted supply of it.

You pray that this never happens, because if it did, you would walk right out of the place and find somewhere that does.

This might be said whenever you have a long night ahead of you (shout out to procrastination and not getting anything done) or if you have an early morning and you need to wake up for your loooong day of classes.

How do you take your coffee? Cream and sugar? Maybe you think you are a true coffee person and take it black AKA…

And some people may have their own opinions about your love for coffee because they have never even tried this wonderful drink and don’t understand the wonders it can do.  

But you know in your heart who will always be there for you, whether it be in the morning to help you make it through the day or at night for that extra boost to pull that all-nighter.

With all this coffee talk, I think I will stop by the closest coffee shop to campus and grab my usual…

Make sure you catch “Gilmore Girls: A Year In the Life” on Netflix November 25th! (And if you have not seen the “Gilmore Girls” series, you can binge-watch it on Netflix before the revival comes out… while sipping your daily cup(s) of coffee.)

Meet Linsey Taylor, one of the campus correspondents for the Winona State Her Campus chapter. Linsey is a senior majoring in Therapeutic Recreation with a minor in psychology and hopes to become a child life specialist with her degree. In her free time, Linsey enjoys reading, watching Netflix, and hanging out with friends and family.
This is Gabriella Ingebrand: Junior at Winona State University majoring in Advertisement. She is a master when it comes to wasting time on Pinterest and making a mess while baking in the kitchen. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Winona, President of Dream Closet Winona, Communication Specialist for AdFed, and Social Media Chair for her sorority. All in all, Gabriella is a free spirit always trying to have a good time.