This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Being that Winona State University is a University of go-getters, we decided to partake in a great initiative this year. Dream Closet is a pending non-profit organization that was started at Minnesota State University – Mankato by one of their students, Kylie Feltes. Feltes came up with the idea for Dream Closet one afternoon when she was cleaning out her closet in order to procrastinate doing her homework. She wanted to donate her clothes and at the same time help more than just one person, so she came up with a “Free Shopping” event called Dream Closet. The “Free Shopping” aspect came to life in order to provide gently used clothes to low-income families around the community, while having a great afternoon for the public filled with activities.

MSU has been hosting Dream Closet events for the past two years and they have been a complete success. Feltes got in contact with students at WSU in order to start this amazing organization in other universities. Winona State is proud to  be hosting their first event April 28th at the Student Activity Center in Kryzsko Commons from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Donations of gently used clothing, jewelry, and accessories will be accepted in different locations around Campus, and at local businesses.

“It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.”

-Mother Teresa

For more information:

Facebook – Dream Closet WSU

Instagram – @DreamCloset.WSU

Cora Velasco – AVelascoRodri12@winona.edu

Anacorina Velasco, better known as Cora, is a passionate international student at Winona State University. She flew all the way from Venezuela to make some lemonade with the lemons life gave her. You can find her giving campus tours, at the Football field trying to convince the Coaches to let her play, or running around between the security office and her Zumba classes. Cora enjoys a good shot of Espresso, a book that can make her cry, and watching Disney movies, repeatedly.   
Meet our writer Courtney D. Jones! Courtney is a junior at Winona State University majoring in Mass Communications- Advertising. She is consistently busy juggling school, working two jobs, and on the recruitment committee for Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, so coffee is a necessity. But not just any coffee, it must be Starbucks Blonde Roast, with a dash of peppermint mocha creamer and a fourth of a packet of sugar. She has a die-hard love for all things beauty and fashion, and dreams of owning everything on her Pinterest boards one day. With her bright and bubbly personality, she loves meeting new people and sharing a good laugh. As a Chicago native, her happy place consists of drinking a cold microbrew with her favorite Giordano’s deep-dish pizza while watching her beloved Bears team.