This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

This week at Winona State University, it is I Love WSU week. I took the responsibility and interviewed students at each undergraduate level on why they personally love WSU.

1.     Freshman, Emily Johnson said, “When I first decided to come to Winona State, it was honestly just an impulse decision and I hadn’t even visited the campus yet! After I actually moved to campus and started college life, I honestly fell in love. Becoming involved was so important to me so I got two jobs, joined a sorority, and joined clubs for my major and I couldn’t be more thankful for all of the opportunities and all of the friends I have made so far.”

2.     Senior, Nick Parker, said, “I love WSU because the people here are always inviting and they made me feel at home right away.”

3.     Senior, Brianna Bosshart, said, “I love WSU because of all the amazing people I now have in my life, for the wonderful sense of community that our campus holds, and of course, Mugby Junction ;).”

4.     Junior, Nathaniel Nelson, said, “Winona State has this rad vibe to it that never really leaves. Even when the ground is coated in ice and snow, the sun refuses to shine, there’s still a bright and optimistic atmosphere to the campus and the students.”

5.     Junior, Nicole Otterness said, “My hometown is very similar to Winona, so I feel right at home. I love how there’s always things to do year round, like paddle boarding on the lakes in the summer or ice skating in the winter, and I like that everything is close to campus, you can get anywhere in 5 or 10 minutes.”

Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.