Welcome to the Family

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Dear future (extended) family member,

Here is your unofficial welcome to the family. Whether you were born or married into this crazy clan, we are glad you are here. We started out small, but it is because of you that our little family is growing bigger, and I hope you are ready for us.

We have our moments, as do all families. I just hope you are ready for them. Hint: these moments seem to come out of nowhere. But out of these moments come some of the best memories (and picture recreations), so remember them for as long as you can.

Our get-togethers vary depending on the dynamic of the family at the time, but they are fun. And the board games that we play during them can get intense.

To the one who is marrying into the family: we are excited. This is the first wedding for our family in a long time, so it’s extra cool (if that’s the right word to use for this kind of situation).

To the little baby that has recently arrived: we are eager to meet you. We haven’t had a baby for a few years now, so we can’t wait to see your little self. And don’t worry, I am predicting that you’ll be opening presents first at Christmas for many years to come.  

I hope you are as ready for us as we are for you.

Sincerely,

Your future (extended) family member  

Meet Linsey Taylor, one of the campus correspondents for the Winona State Her Campus chapter. Linsey is a senior majoring in Therapeutic Recreation with a minor in psychology and hopes to become a child life specialist with her degree. In her free time, Linsey enjoys reading, watching Netflix, and hanging out with friends and family.
This is Gabriella Ingebrand: Junior at Winona State University majoring in Advertisement. She is a master when it comes to wasting time on Pinterest and making a mess while baking in the kitchen. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Winona, President of Dream Closet Winona, Communication Specialist for AdFed, and Social Media Chair for her sorority. All in all, Gabriella is a free spirit always trying to have a good time.