Townie Turned Sorority President: College Busy-Bee’s Words Of Wisdom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Meet Alle Savat, a senior communication studies major with a sociology minor. Alle describes herself as obnoxious, giggly, and hyperactive- she just can’t say no sometimes.

She is from Winona, and you can find her telling people that being a townie isn’t bad and it definitely has its benefits. You can find Alle running, and watching Grey’s Anatomy when she isn’t the busy bee that she is.

Alle is the President of Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, and interns for the Alumni Relations Department at Winona State. Alle is very prideful of what she takes part in, and enjoys being busy when it’s things she truly enjoys.

As the President of Tri Sigma, her main job is overseeing what everyone does, communicating with the chapter, the chapter officers, and with the National Headquarters of Sigma Sigma Sigma. Alle said, “It’s a lot of behind the scenes work most people have no idea about, but someone’s gotta do it to hold the chapter together.”

Alle has a passion and love for Sigma and it is a very big part of her life. She has had the opportunity to attend numerous leadership conferences and retreats because of Sigma. She attended Dunham Women of Character, which is a conference for young potential leaders, and she attended this as a freshman and sophomore in Tri Sigma. She was selected as a representative to attend the Alumni/Collegiate Advisory Committee conference, and she attended the National Convention as a junior at Disney World in Florida. Her favorite was the Labyrinth Leadership Retreat where herself and nine other women and ten alumni spent five days learning deeper about Tri Sigma’s values and learning about who she is as an individual. She expressed how thankful she was to be able to travel because of Sigma and how it has given her all of these experiences to learn about herself and her sorority that is near and dear to her heart.

When she is not busy with Presidential duties, Alle is the Alumni Relations Intern for WSU. She enjoys this position because it’s not the same thing everyday and loves the real world experience it gives her. She is seeking a job in the future at a university, so this job is perfect for her! “I get to do the fun stuff,” such as planning events for alum, making thank you cards, posting on Facebook, and even making Shutterfly photo booklets after events that have been held.

While Alle is a busy bee, she credits her mom for keeping her motivated and inspiring her to have her own beliefs. Alle said she is thankful that she has that woman role model in her life, and someone who has done it all and gone through a lot to get to where she is today and has succeeded.

She strongly believes happy girls are the prettiest, and that being a townie has helped her and her friends with connections, and she even had her grandma take her grocery shopping last week. What college kid wouldn’t love that?!

At Labyrinth Leadership Retreat, Alle heard something that has stuck with her and something that she strives to live by, “You have the strength to get beyond your challenges, it is through your crucible experiences that you will find your power, the things that come easy don’t mean much, the things that come hard force us to define who we are.”

Meet our writer Courtney D. Jones! Courtney is a junior at Winona State University majoring in Mass Communications- Advertising. She is consistently busy juggling school, working two jobs, and on the recruitment committee for Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, so coffee is a necessity. But not just any coffee, it must be Starbucks Blonde Roast, with a dash of peppermint mocha creamer and a fourth of a packet of sugar. She has a die-hard love for all things beauty and fashion, and dreams of owning everything on her Pinterest boards one day. With her bright and bubbly personality, she loves meeting new people and sharing a good laugh. As a Chicago native, her happy place consists of drinking a cold microbrew with her favorite Giordano’s deep-dish pizza while watching her beloved Bears team.