This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

My entire life, my family has been anything but traditional. This is the same when it comes to any holiday.

When it comes to Thanksgiving, we do not have a traditional day like most people. Most of my extended family lives all the way across the country, so it is usually just my two brothers, my mom, and myself. Although we are a small family, I am thankful for them nonetheless.

My day usually starts with catching up on some sleep.

When I wake up, we usually make breakfast to eat together.

Then, I always make sure to catch the national dog show. It is easily my favorite part of every Thanksgiving day.

After that, I spend the rest of the time until dinner watching sports on the couch in my pajamas, sometimes with wine.

Then, whenever my mom finishes up the dinner, we sit down together to enjoy it.

After dinner, we sit around and talk for awhile.

That just about sums up every “tradition” my family has. I am incredibly thankful for my loving, unconventional family, and the relaxing day we spend together each year.

Source: header

Lauren Lott

Winona '19

Meet Lauren Lott, she is a writer for Winona State Her Campus. Lauren is an English Literature major with a minor in Public Relations. In her free time, she enjoys reading, working out, hanging out with friends, watching an excessive amount of youtube videos, and drinking coffee.
| 2018-20 Club President/Campus Correspondent | Hailey Seipel is a senior at Winona State University who is studying Applied & Professional Writing and Journalism. She has been passionate about writing ever since she was little, and a dream of hers is to author poetry, sci-fi and romance novels. Until then, she is interested in working as a creative/blog writer, technical editor or project coordinator after graduating. In her free time, Hailey enjoys listening to music and reading leisurely.