Thanksgiving Grub

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Grab a bucket or even a glass because your mouth might water a little bit after reading this article, remind yourself of the deliciousness that Thanksgiving has to offer. As the President blesses one turkey every year, so do our stomachs. Here are some of those delicious items that belong to the Thanksgiving food chart.

Turkey. I mean that’s all I have to say. As it may just be a myth, Turkey has the amino acid tryptophan that makes you feel tired, so as much as you love the light or dark meat, take your time. Don’t fall asleep on your plate.

Stuffing. The one food that truly is what you eat: stuffing.

Mashed Potatoes. Thank you Idaho for inventing this ever so delicate vegetable.

Gravy. While you’re stuffing your plate with potatoes, don’t forget to drown those luscious lumps with the creamiest of gravy.

Cranberries. For some reason, this is a holiday tradition and after that, cranberries are no longer loved. Love these poor berries while they are here, I heard canned is the best kind!

Buns. Plump up your own buns by playing chubby bunny with those succulent rolls.

Green Bean Casserole. As gross as it sounds, and as nasty as it looks, scoop a big pile of this creamy green dish onto your plate, but honestly, this is probably one of the best parts of the entire meal. YUM.

Squash. This sweet veggie might be the topping to the cake when it comes to the end of this meal. Some might not care for the taste or texture, so substitute with corn or carrots! Or just put a gallon of butter and brown sugar on top to give it a sugary taste.

Pie. Pumpkin, apple, cranberry, blueberry, etc! There are so many different flavors of pie so make sure to keep an area of your stomach open so you can try each kind.

Enjoy every bit of your Thanksgiving meal and don’t even think about not getting seconds. Don’t worry, the gym will be there tomorrow, but that beautiful meal will not.

Ps. Don’t forget to be thankful for everything in your life. HC is thankful for you! :)

Public Relations student at Winona State University. Dreams of moving down south to work in music and find the cowboy of my dreams! Love dogs more then life.
Meet our writer Courtney D. Jones! Courtney is a junior at Winona State University majoring in Mass Communications- Advertising. She is consistently busy juggling school, working two jobs, and on the recruitment committee for Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, so coffee is a necessity. But not just any coffee, it must be Starbucks Blonde Roast, with a dash of peppermint mocha creamer and a fourth of a packet of sugar. She has a die-hard love for all things beauty and fashion, and dreams of owning everything on her Pinterest boards one day. With her bright and bubbly personality, she loves meeting new people and sharing a good laugh. As a Chicago native, her happy place consists of drinking a cold microbrew with her favorite Giordano’s deep-dish pizza while watching her beloved Bears team.