Sharna Miller ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Name: Sharna Miller

Year: Junior

Hometown: Annandale, MN

Major/Minor: Social Work Major, Psychology minor

Relationship Status: Single

Meet this week’s campus cutie, Sharna Miller. A Social Work major with a bright future ahead of her, Sharna is a caring and friendly individual that will always greet you with a smile. I was able to ask her a few questions to help us get to know our campus cutie a little better.

HC (Her Campus): How are you liking the Social Work program at WSU?

SM (Sharna Miller): I love finally being able to take classes in what I’m passionate about! It’s really interesting because these classes have helped me to become a better person myself, while becoming better at helping others.

HC: Where are you most likely to be spotted in Winona?

SM: Probably either in the Smaug where the food is, or by the lakes.

HC: What extracurricular activities are you involved in on campus?

SM: I am the treasurer of the Student Association of Social Workers, and I enjoy going to H20 College ministries and InterVarsity! I also have an on-campus job that takes up a fair amount of time.

HC: What is a deal breaker with any guy you meet?

SM: If the guy talks about himself all the time and never tries to ask questions about me.  

HC: What is an interesting fact about yourself?

SM: I used to have dual citizenship for about 14 years without knowing. I don’t think my parents knew either!

HC: Cats or Dogs?

SM: Cats, totally!

HC: Describe your ideal first date…

SM: Maybe something more adventurous, like going on a hike and then grabbing some food afterward.

HC: Celebrity Crush?

SM: James Marsden from 27 Dresses.

HC: Describe yourself in 3 words?

SM: Outgoing, optimistic, and caring.

HC: Who is your role model and why?

SM: My role model is my aunt in Winona. She is so strong, successful, independent, and she is always there to listen to anyone and everyone. I feel that everyone I know admires her, and I am definitely no exception to that.

HC: Favorite quote and why?

SM: Well it’s a bible verse, but “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” – Phillipians 4:13

It’s a reminder to me that no matter what stressors or dilemmas I am facing, I was brought to them, and I will make it through them as well with God’s strength.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

SM: I hope to finally be in my counseling career, and possibly be married by then. It’s so weird to think that those things could all happen in 5 years!

HC: Favorite sports team?

SM: Vikings! They may not be the most skilled team, but I’ll always root for them. SKOL Vikings!

HC: Biggest pet peeve?

SM: People who drive slow in the fast lane, or cut you off when it’s not necessary. Basically, people who don’t know how to drive!

HC: If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

SM: Invisibility!

HC: What is your kryptonite?

SM: Popcorn… I always have it in my work office!

HC: How does it feel to be a campus cutie?

SM: It’s pretty flattering, and I feel honored to be nominated!

Meet our Campus Correspondent Mariah Mrotek! Originally from Racine, Mariah is a Mass Communication Advertising major with a Professional Writing Minor. You can usually catch Mariah loving up the cats at the local Winona Area Humane Society or getting her last minute shopping fix at Target. She is an avid writer and believer in the power of intuition. As an advocate for the Minnesota Epilepsy Foundation, she strives for change. She really enjoys the fall season and the amazing honeycrisp apples it brings. Her ideal place to vacation at is a cabin up north by the lake. Mariah hopes to continue to see and enjoy the world’s beauty after graduation as she pursues a career in Social Media Content Management or Project Management.
Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.