Random Acts of Kindness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Kindness: the quality of being friendly, generous and considerate. Being kind to others is something that is so effortless yet can make someone’s entire day. National Random Acts of Kindness Day is on February 17 and is celebrated by people to encourage acts of kindness.  A random act of kindness can be something so simple. It will leave not only the person you were kind to feeling loved, but you will feel pretty special as well. Here is a list of 10 random acts of kindness to get you started.

1. Genuinely compliment someone.

2. Leave your roommate/friend a note and a special treat.

3. Text a friend or family member that you miss them and wish them a great day.

4. Pay for the person behind you in line.

5. Smile or say hello to the person passing by.

6. Give someone a hug.

7. Leave a nice comment on someone’s Facebook or Instagram photo.

8. Tell your parents or siblings how much they mean to you.

9. Help someone that you see struggling (hold the door open, pick something up they dropped, help carry their things, etc.).

10. Don’t interrupt when someone is talking.Truly listen to them.

This is Gabriella Ingebrand: Junior at Winona State University majoring in Advertisement. She is a master when it comes to wasting time on Pinterest and making a mess while baking in the kitchen. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Winona, President of Dream Closet Winona, Communication Specialist for AdFed, and Social Media Chair for her sorority. All in all, Gabriella is a free spirit always trying to have a good time.