The Podcast Lifestyle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

I have recently become someone who listens to podcasts, and as a person who actually enjoys them, you can bet that I will recommend you become a podcast listener too. I don’t listen to any boring podcasts like NPR; oh no, I make it my goal to find funny, unusual podcasts that other people would actually enjoy.

Of the thousands of podcasts to choose from, here are five that are on my list.

Mouthing Off with Olivia Caridi

Does the name Olivia Caridi sound familiar? Well it should. Olivia is the girl from Ben’s season of The Bachelor with the frog-like mouth who was left on a random island in the middle of nowhere. Now, she has a podcast. Her podcast is kind of random in terms of topics and people, but that’s called variety. If you are a Bachelor fan, I would definitely check out her podcast.

Last Podcast On The Left

This one is spooky…not really, but it’s supposed to be. Three dudes, Ben, Marcus and Henry, talk about all things horror, everything from Jeffrey Dahmer to werewolves. Again, each podcast revolves around a specific ‘spooky’ topic and they go from there. I would not, however, recommend listening to this at night… While the topics might not be the spookiest, I still may or may not have had nightmares.

Grown Up Kids: A Disney Podcast

Being the Disney fan I am, I figured why not see if Disney podcasts exist, and they do in fact exist! This podcast is fairly new and features a different Disney movie from the 30s through today; the more Disney movies that get made, the more these podcasts will, too. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is the first movie Megan and Katie talk about and it’s as magical as it seems. If you LOVE Disney, check this podcast out!

Guys We F****d: The Anti Slut-Shaming Podcast

Oh man, I listen to this podcast every day and it has got to be my favorite one so far! Corinne and Krystyna are both comedians in NYC and bring the humor to their podcast. While the content is raunchy, I feel like it’s something that a lot of women can relate to. If the title doesn’t explain it enough, Corinne and Krystyna bring in Tinder hookups, ex-boyfriends and other guests to talk about their sexual experiences with them.

Science…sort of.

Throwing it way back to 2009, Ryan, Patrick and Justin – the Paleopals – talk about nerdy stuff, geeky stuff and science stuff…sort of. I have always had a thing for science (and math), so this podcast is quite enjoyable for me. And it’s funny the way things are explained and the tangents they go on kind of boggle my mind.

Podcasts are not just for hipsters anymore you guys. Find a podcast that seems interesting and listen to it. Who knows, you might actually enjoy them!

I love exploring the outdoors, writing, whales, and have a major sweet tooth for cheesecake! Volleyball and hockey are my favorite sports to play and watch. When it comes to writing, I love it. I truly enjoy being able to write articles and stories about topics people would enjoy reading.