Pinned to the Top: 4 Tips to Utilize Pinterest Business Features

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

When I first started taking pictures professionally about two years ago, I was always looking for ways to promote myself. The obvious places I started were Instagram, VSCO and Facebook. While these apps are absolutely necessary, Pinterest was where I should have gone first. After trial and error and learning some tips and tricks of the Pinterest world, I am here to share them with you!

Add Business Features to Your Profile

This is the first step that will help not only businesswomen, but also anyone who is interested in seeing the analytics for their Pinterest page. First, go to your profile settings and change your page to a business hub. From here, you will get all sorts of cool features. Like other apps, when starting a Pinterest business page, you will see the first-hand statistics of your page. This includes the number of people who have scrolled past your profile or pin, the number of saves you’ve gotten and the exact number of people who have clicked on the link in your bio. Because of these stats, you can determine what your audience loves to see, and what they dislike about your page. For me, I know my audience loves my dog; therefore, whenever I get the chance, I will always create pins that showcase him. This will overall guide more traffic to my page.

Put a Link in Your Bio

Business ladies… this is huge! Putting your business email, a web page or a business Instagram is a key component to Pinterest. This will increase traffic to your business pages and can even lead to potential customers. For the everyday girl, putting a personal link to an Instagram, Twitter or VSCO will increase traffic to your pages. I have my Instagram linked to my Pinterest so it will lead people to look at more of my photography when they click on it!

Make a Board for Your Pins Only

The main idea of Pinterest is that you can “pin” things onto your boards. I have boards dedicated to hairstyles, yummy food, summer vacations and of course, dogs. These boards are great for pinning other people’s pins, but make one board solely dedicated to your pins. 

Why is this a good idea? When a business profile is activated on Pinterest, it allows you to see the exact statistics for every picture you pin. So when all your pins are under one board, it allows you easier access to go through the board and see exact analytics for all your photos! This is a super easy trick, but it is one that is really necessary when increasing traffic to your page.

Go Pin Crazy

When changed to a business hub, Pinterest lets you see your monthly viewers. I have learned that the more things you pin, the more viewers you have! A fun trick I have is to go to a board, click on more ideas, and from there, pin multiple pictures in a row from hitting a plus sign on the picture. Not only does this allow you to see pins that are more in touch with your style, but also it will increase the number of pins you have on each board pretty quickly.

From business owners to Pinterest junkies, these four tricks will work for anybody. Happy pinning!

Hi, I'm Tiegue! I'm a sophomore at Winona State University and majoring in Communication Studies. I'm a small-town girl from Wisconsin (go Bucky!) and when I'm not writing, you can usually find me in a coffee shop or with a camera swinging around my neck.
| 2018-20 Club President/Campus Correspondent | Hailey Seipel is a senior at Winona State University who is studying Applied & Professional Writing and Journalism. She has been passionate about writing ever since she was little, and a dream of hers is to author poetry, sci-fi and romance novels. Until then, she is interested in working as a creative/blog writer, technical editor or project coordinator after graduating. In her free time, Hailey enjoys listening to music and reading leisurely.