This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

There are 31 days in October; our first chance to celebrate the beautiful season of fall. To fill those frigid, windy days and to keep your mind off the fact that summer is officially gone, I have created a list of to-do’s. Whether you like staying warm, baking, eating, or just having fun, this Halloween bucket list is perfect for you.

1.  Bake cookies. Everyone’s aunt, grandma, or mom has a famous cookie recipe. Try to get ahold of it and see for yourself if it really is “famous.”

2.   Drink cider. Hot or cold. It is so good you might need to go to the grocery store and just buy the gallon jug.

3.  Watch a classic monster movie. Frankenstein is definitely a classic. It might be a good idea to watch it with a friend because it may get a little scary.

4.  Make pumpkin bread. Everyone always raves about banana bread, and don’t get me wrong I love it, too, but have you tried pumpkin bread?

5.  Try to spot five different colored leaves. This one is easy, especially for us who live and go to school in Winona. On your walk to class, instead of looking at your phone, look at the leaves.

6.  Eat a caramel apple. Top it off with nuts, chocolate, sprinkles…they are so cute, so you might need to take a cute “selfie” with it.

7.  Sit around a fire. Inside or out. Grab a blanket and appreciate this time to just relax.

8.  Go on a hayride. You are bound to laugh and have a great time.

9.  Eat a Halloween Oreo. Is this even a chore? No.

10.  Wear orange. Be a pumpkin for a day and wear orange. I hope it’s a flannel or sweater to not only be fashionable for this time of the year, but also warm and cozy.

11.  Watch Hocus Pocus. It is a childhood classic and it will be playing on both Disney channel and ABC.

12.  Drink a pumpkin spice latte. Let the girly-girl inside of you get her way for a day.

13.  Eat candy corn. If you put them out in a bowl, they will be gone in a day, or they will become a cute fall decoration.

14.  Play in the leaves. Remember when your parents would rake all the leaves into a big pile and you couldn’t help yourself, but to jump into it? Well, it’s time to do it again.

15.  Drink spicy tea. Grab a cute mug and brew some, or head to your favorite coffee and tea shop and sip away.

16.  Bake an apple pie. After you bake it, you get to eat it!

17.  Carve a pumpkin. So many cute, or scary, options.

18.  Host a movie night. Watch spooky movies so all your friends get excited for Halloween.

19.  Roast pumpkin seeds. There are some great recipes online, test some out and find a favorite. Here’s a link to get you started.

20.  Visit a pumpkin patch. Take cute pictures and breathe in the crisp air.

21.  Dance to thriller. Do you know the whole dance?

22.  Visit an October festival, whether its a craft fair or a pumpkin fest.

23.  Visit a haunted house. You might lose your voice; prepare for that.

24.  Make a Halloween playlist. Get chills just listening to the spooky sounds.

25.  Go to a corn maze. Try not to get lost!

26.  Have a pumpkin pie-eating contest. Do you think you could eat the whole pie? Maybe just a few pieces?

27.  Halloween costume. Are you going to be creative or go with  a classic? Buy it, make it?

28.  Make some homemade soup. Wild rice, broccoli cheddar, chicken noodle…so many possibilities that will warm your taste buds. This link has plenty of options that will quench your hunger.

29.  Buy a new sweater. Being comfortable is such a good feeling, find something that will give you that cozy feel.

30.  Decorate your home. Whether this means your dorm, apartment, or house. Grab some pumpkins, lights, stickers and have at it.

31.  Go trick-or-treating!

This is Gabriella Ingebrand: Junior at Winona State University majoring in Advertisement. She is a master when it comes to wasting time on Pinterest and making a mess while baking in the kitchen. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Winona, President of Dream Closet Winona, Communication Specialist for AdFed, and Social Media Chair for her sorority. All in all, Gabriella is a free spirit always trying to have a good time.  
Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.