New Year’s Eve as told by Desperate Housewives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

When it comes to New Year’s Eve, the phrase “New Year, New You” holds true. You get the chance to start fresh and not have to worry about what happened in the past. Celebrating New Year’s Eve with your family, friends or significant other can be pretty hectic, and I’m sure we can all relate to the struggles it brings.

Here are some struggles of New Year’s Eve as told by the ladies of Desperate Housewives:

1.     You’ve been invited to your friend’s house for NYE but you would rather stay in and order pizza and they end up looking at you like…

2.     When you’re struggling to find the perfect NYE outfit.

3.     When you’re at your friend’s NYE party and there’s drama.

4.     When you celebrate NYE with your family and family friends and you’re the oldest kid there.

5.     When you want to watch the ball drop but you also want to go to sleep.

6.     When it’s finally midnight and you get your New Year’s kiss from your significant other.

7.     Or when it’s midnight and you’re the only one without a New Year’s kiss.

8.     When you wake up on January 1st without a resolution because no one follows through with those anyway.

9.     When you have 365 days to prove that you’re not who you were last year.

With all the struggles that New Year’s brings, hopefully some, if not all, are avoidable. Enjoy your New Year’s Eve!

I love exploring the outdoors, writing, whales, and have a major sweet tooth for cheesecake! Volleyball and hockey are my favorite sports to play and watch. When it comes to writing, I love it. I truly enjoy being able to write articles and stories about topics people would enjoy reading.
Meet our Campus Correspondent Mariah Mrotek! Originally from Racine, Mariah is a Mass Communication Advertising major with a Professional Writing Minor. You can usually catch Mariah loving up the cats at the local Winona Area Humane Society or getting her last minute shopping fix at Target. She is an avid writer and believer in the power of intuition. As an advocate for the Minnesota Epilepsy Foundation, she strives for change. She really enjoys the fall season and the amazing honeycrisp apples it brings. Her ideal place to vacation at is a cabin up north by the lake. Mariah hopes to continue to see and enjoy the world’s beauty after graduation as she pursues a career in Social Media Content Management or Project Management.