This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

As a Wisconsinite, I grew up around cheese, especially because I lived in a county where there are 13 cheese factories. January 20 is National Cheese Lovers’ Day, and here are my five favorite cheeses.

1.     Cheddar: My all-time favorite cheese. While my roommate can eat a whole brick of cheddar by itself, I prefer it with grilled cheese and tomato soup.

2.     Muenster: The only cheese I could eat every day.

3.     Gouda: Okay so I really don’t eat this cheese, but it reminds me of that She’s the Man quote:   Viola: “Ask me if I like cheese.” Duke: “Okay. Do you like cheese?” Viola: “Why, yes I do. My favorite’s Gouda.”

4.     Swiss: I love my Swiss cheese on a hot ham and cheese sandwich.

5.     Provolone: I put provolone on almost all my cold sandwiches because it is delicious.

I hope all of you cheese lovers enjoy National Cheese Lovers’ Day whether you decide to put a slice on a sandwich, eat it plain, or just eat a whole brick of cheese!

I love exploring the outdoors, writing, whales, and have a major sweet tooth for cheesecake! Volleyball and hockey are my favorite sports to play and watch. When it comes to writing, I love it. I truly enjoy being able to write articles and stories about topics people would enjoy reading.