The Minneapolis Holiday Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

The holiday season is finally here! What better way to start the holidays than by taking a trip to the Minneapolis Holiday Market. Family gatherings, shopping, baking, and decorating are on everyone’s mind. This market has something for everyone in the family. You can stroll around the market shopping for everything from hand-crafted gifts, like jewelry and pottery, to tasty treats like pastries and gingerbread.

Who wouldn’t want to lose themselves in a winter wonderland village for a day?

This is the first year Minneapolis has put on The Holiday Market and they are hoping it can become a family tradition. The Holiday Market is taking place at the Peavy Plaza, on the corner of 11th street and Nicollet Avenue, the same location where the Holidazzle parade has been held in the past. This year, there’s a new tradition being made at the Plaza, full of entertainment, crafts, and food, all of which will make for a perfect holiday atmosphere!

The plaza will be transformed into a replica of a quaint German Village representing the 500 year-old German holiday tradition. The little craft huts, atmosphere, food, and people will make you feel as though you’ve traveled far away to a new place for the holidays. As you travel through the market, you’ll be able to get a sense of a different culture and time period; it’s a learning experience as well. The venders will have perfect gifts for anyone on your shopping-list that you wouldn’t be able to just pick up while shopping at regular stores. Instead of traveling all the way to another country this season, you’ll now be able to experience a similar tradition a little closer to home! You’ll be able to take this “trip” as many times as you’d like throughout the season.

I would love to experience this new tradition for myself! This would be the perfect day trip with some friends, or a romantic evening with a date. What could be more festive and cheerful!?

Also, for those of you who are 21 and older, The Minneapolis Holiday Market offers a selection of holiday themed adult beverages. You can choose from German spiced mulled wine, traditional German Lagers, or delicious locally crafted beers.

So, if you’re ready to begin a new tradition head to the Minneapolis Holiday Market! This event runs right up until Christmas Eve. Get out and enjoy this holiday season! Cheers!

For more information about this event, check out their website or “Like” Minneapolis Holiday Market on Facebook.

Miranda is currently a Winona State University senior studying mass communication with an emphasis in advertising and is also pursing a graphic design degree. In addition to being Winona State’s Campus Correspondent, she is also the president of WSU’s Advertising Federation club. When she’s not busy binge watching One Tree Hill for the umpteenth time, you can find her working on her longboards, which she creates from scratch. She is a Diet Coke addict and indie music enthusiast filled with passion and imagination. She plans to get out of chilly Minnesota to find internship opportunities after graduation.