The Memory Mirror Has Arrived

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Mirror mirror on the wall, what should I do if I can’t buy them all? Every girl knows how this story goes. You enter the dressing room, arms full of clothing you pulled off the racks. Most of the time, half of your choices don’t make the cut after they get into the dressing room, but once in a blue moon you hit the jackpot, and you love it all! You feel like the Gisele Bundchen of the day. Everything looks good in all the right places and you’re on top of the world, until the reality of your wallet pulls you back down.

We have not yet found the technology to solve your empty wallet problem, but this magic mirror will help you decide which outfits are worth the purchase.

The first ever smart mirror has been created by a team of design driven software engineers at MemoMi Labs Inc. The first ever Memory Mirror has been unveiled by Neiman Marcus in their Walnut Creek, CA store. The fantasy-esque mirror records an eight second video which captures all angles of your outfit with a simple turn. Once you have recorded your outfit choices, you can review your potential purchases side by side instead of the never-ending process of elimination.

Anyone, girl or guy, can attest to the fact that shopping for clothing is difficult without a second opinion. As if we weren’t codependent enough, the Memory Mirror allows you to share your eight second video to Facebook so that you can get your second, third, or 20th opinion, right in your dressing room.

The mirror of our dreams is here ladies and gentlemen (even though we can’t afford to shop at the only place using it).  With technology like this coming in the near future, answering, “Does my butt look big in this?” has never been easier, because your Facebook friends will be right there in the dressing room with you.

Miranda is currently a Winona State University senior studying mass communication with an emphasis in advertising and is also pursing a graphic design degree. In addition to being Winona State’s Campus Correspondent, she is also the president of WSU’s Advertising Federation club. When she’s not busy binge watching One Tree Hill for the umpteenth time, you can find her working on her longboards, which she creates from scratch. She is a Diet Coke addict and indie music enthusiast filled with passion and imagination. She plans to get out of chilly Minnesota to find internship opportunities after graduation.