This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Name: Megan Byrne

Year: Senior

Hometown: Rochester, MN

Major: Nursing

Relationship Status: Single  

Say hello to this week’s campus cutie, Megan Byrne! I was ever so lucky to interview this sweet, down to earth, soon-to-be nurse who I am also lucky to call one of my best friends at Winona State. Trust me guys, if you’re not friends with Megan, you are missing out. If she’s not studying her tail off, you can find her enjoying a glass of wine while watching Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal.

HC (Her Campus): Megan, how is the nursing program going? Are you surviving?

MB (Megan Byrne): It’s going well. It’s as difficult as everyone says it’s going to be, but in the end, I know it’s going to be well worth it. I have loved getting to know all the people in my program and am so lucky to have gained so much experience through this.

HC: What are your plans for after graduation?

MB: Get a job! (Laughs) Right now I don’t know exactly what kind of nursing I want to do, but a lot of fields intrigue me. Me being indecisive, as usual.

HC: How do you wind down after a long day?

MB: A glass of wine and a rerun of friends.

HC: Where can we find you on a Friday night? Up to no good or cuddled up with Netflix?

MB: Both. It depends on how my week went.

HC: Describe your ideal date.

MB: Something super simple and not over the top. Not sure exactly what that entails, but it’s the little things, right?

HC: If you had to use three words to describe yourself, what would they be?

MB: Trustworthy, passionate and scatterbrained. My friends are always making fun of me and have made up “Meganisms” so that may give you some insight.

HC: Any advice for incoming Warriors?

MB: Enjoy your time here, it goes fast. That’s about as basic as it gets (laughs). For all you pre-nursing majors out there, work hard; it’ll all be worth it in the end.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

MB: Well, I better have a stable job, lots of traveling under my belt and hopefully I’ve been lucky enough to find someone to spend the rest of my life with.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

MB: Channing Tatum or Scott Eastwood. No Channing Tatum is better. Or Mcdreamy. Indecisive, I know.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Winona State (aside from living with me, of course) and what do you still want to do before you graduate?

MB: Meeting all of the great people I’ve met thus far and enjoying all of the wonderful views in Winona. I just want to experience all Winona has to offer before my time here is up.

HC: What is at the top of your bucket list?

MB: I want to travel as much as humanly possible. I’ve been to Scotland and I’d love to see more of Europe, and even more of the United States, while I’m still young.

HC: Tell us a random fact about yourself that people wouldn’t expect about you.

MB: I am the pickiest eater you will ever meet. I didn’t try a burger until I was a senior in high school and I will only eat it plain. I’ve grown up a tad and will try almost anything (emphasized almost) people offer me.

HC: Who is your role model, and why?

MB: My mom is definitely my role model because she is always there to support me through absolutely anything and everything. She is my rock and my best friend.

HC: How do you feel about being nominated for this week’s campus cutie?

MB: It was completely unexpected, but I am flattered. If only the person would have just told me, I wouldn’t have had to sit through this interview with you (laughs). Just kidding, Rach. It’s an honor.

Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.